Rugged, Sealed, One-Piece Design
Our AMPSEAL 16 connectors are targeted for off-road, heavy-duty industrial, recreational and agricultural applications. These connectors offer rugged reliability, easy use, and help prevent moisture and dirt from contaminating connections. AMPSEAL 16 receptacle and pin housings offer a one-piece approach and come fully assembled. AMPSEAL 16 connectors are now available with an increased temperature range – up to 150° – for extended on-engine, aftertreatment and powertrain applications.
Specs for AMPSEAL 16 connectors
- Accepts contact size HDSF 16 (up to 13 amps)
- 14-20 AWG (2.50-0.50 mm2)
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 cavity arrangements
- In-line mount
- Rectangular, thermoplastic housing
- Integrated latch for mating
- Integrated Primary Latch Reinforcement (PLR) confirms contact alignment and retention
- Available accessories: Backshells, mounting clips
- Increased temperature range – up to 150° – for extended on-engine, aftertreatment and powertrain applications
- Higher flammability rating of UL94 V-0
- Different housing colors improves ease of assembly
- 4 color polarization keys help to prevent mismatching
- Installation time reduced by fully assembled one-piece design
- 2 sealing variants for SAE and ISO wires
Look inside our flipbook to see our products for heavy-duty vehicles. In this catalog you will find connectors, contacts, tools, and accessories, including AMPSEAL, AMPSEAL 16, Circular DIN, DEUTSCH, HDSCS, LEAVYSEAL, and Superseal 1.0.
Learn about our heavy-duty AMPSEAL 16 connectors that are designed to help prevent moisture and dirt from contaminating connections. Watch this video for an overview of the connectors and for step-by-step instructions on inserting and removing contacts, as well as mating and unmating.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: TE Connectivity’s AMPSEAL 16 environmentally sealed connectors are designed for cable to cable and cable to device applications. AMPSEAL 16 connectors are used in harsh environment applications where even a small degradation in connection may be critical.
Q: What are the appropriate applications for AMPSEAL 16 connectors?
A: Truck, Bus, Off-highway, Construction, Agriculture, Mining, Emergency Vehicles, Forestry, Recreational, Marine, Motorcycle, extended on-engine, aftertreatment and powertrain applications.
A: AMPSEAL 16 connectors provide reliability and performance on the engine or transmission, under the hood, for motor controllers, solenoid interfaces, on the chassis, or in the cab as well as in extended on-engine, aftertreatment and powertrain applications. AMPSEAL 16 connectors offer field proven reliability and rugged quality. Rectangular, thermoplastic housings offer a wide operating temperature range up to 150°C and silicone rear wire and interface seals allow the connectors to withstand conditions of extreme temperature and moisture.