AMPSEAL 16 Connector Series
Our AMPSEAL 16 connectors are designed for off-road, heavy-duty industrial, recreational and agricultural applications. With an operating temperature of up to 150°C, the range is suitable for extended on-engine, after-treatment, and powertrain applications. The AMPSEAL 16 connectors are sealed connectors offering rugged reliability and preventing moisture and dirt from contaminating connections. The installation time is reduced as the receptacle and pin housings come fully assembled in a one-piece design.
- Accepts contact size HDSF 16 (up to 13 amps)
- 14-20 AWG (2.50-0.50 mm2)
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 cavity arrangements
- In-line mount
- Rectangular, thermoplastic housing
- Integrated latch for mating
- Integrated Primary Latch Reinforcement (PLR) confirms contact alignment and retention
- Available accessories: Backshells, mounting clips
- Optimize applied costs with the Heavy Duty Stamped & Formed (HDSF) size 16 contacts rated up to 13 amps each.
- Protect from dust, water, and overspray with up to IP67 rugged sealing capabilities.
- Connect easily with the plug and cap housings one-piece approach that comes fully assembled with Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) and Connector Position Assurance (CPA).
- Enhance design flexibility with optional backshell and mounting clip accessory items.
Our AMPSEAL 16 connector series is designed to be installed in the truck, bus, construction, agriculture, and special vehicles industries, for the following applications:
- Motors and gearboxes
- ABS, EBS and brake units
- Hydraulic pumps
Including high-temperature applications:
- On-engine control
- After treatment
- Cooling system
- Engine Compartment
- Wire Seal: Silicone rubber
- Plug Peripheral Seal: Silicone rubber
- Housing: 15% Glass filled thermoplastic
- CPA: 15% Glass filled thermoplastic
- TPA: 15% Glass filled thermoplastic
- Current: Up to 13 amps
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures -40° C to +125° C
- Durability: See Note. 50 cycles.
- Insulation Resistance: 20 megohms minimum. SAE J2030 6.3. Insulation resistance at 1000 volts DC adjacent terminals measured after 60 seconds or until stabilization occurs.
- Immersion: IP67 rating
- Random Vibration: No discontinuities. See Note. EIA-364-28 Subject mated specimens to 21 G’s rms between 25 to 200 Hz. Twenty hours in each of three mutually perpendicular planes.
- Voltage: 250 volts DC
Note: Shall meet visual requirements, show no physical damage, and meet requirements of additional tests as specified in the Product Qualification and Requalification Test Sequence in Figure 3 of TE product document 108-2184.
Frequently asked questions about our AMPSEAL 16 connectors
AMPSEAL series dimensions
|Cavity||AMPSEAL Plug||AMPSEAL Header|
|Overall Length A||Overall Height B||Overall Width C||Overall Length Straight D||Overall Height E||Overall Width F||Overall Lenght 90° G|
|8||1.32 (33.6)||1.36 (34.6)||1.08 (27.4)||1.35 (34.3)||1.26 (32.1)||1.61 (40.8)||1.49 (37.9)|
||1.39 (35.4)||1.35 (34.3)||1.26 (32.1)||1.92 (48.8)||1.49 (37.9)|
|23||1.32 (33.6)||1.36 (34.6)||1.87 (47.4)||1.35 (34.3)||1.26 (32.1)||2.39 (60.8)||1.49 (37.9)|
|35||1.32 (33.6)||1.36 (34.6)||2.50 (63.4)||1.35 (34.3)||1.26 (32.1)||3.03 (76.9)||1.49 (37.9)|