Sealed Connectors for Cable-to-Cable and Cable-to-Board Connections
DEUTSCH DT connectors are designed for high-performance and reliable connections in industrial and commercial transportation applications, such as under the hood, on the chassis, and in the cab. The V0-recognized thermoplastic housing features a wide operating temperature range and resistance to UV exposure. The silicone rear wire and interface seals prevent debris and moisture ingress up to IP68 rating. The DEUTSCH DT connector family is compatible with the DEUTSCH size 16 round contact system, rated to 13A.
- Accepts contact size 16 (13 amps)
- 14-20 AWG (2.50-0.50 mm2)
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 cavity arrangements
- In-line, flange, or PCB mount
- Rectangular, thermoplastic housing
- Integrated latch for mating
- Wedgelocks confirm contact alignment and retention
- Available accessories: Backshells, boots, dust caps, gaskets, mounting clips
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Receptacle Interfacial Seal: Silicon rubber
- Shell: Thermoplastic
- Wedgelocks: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory result during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
Frequently asked questions about our DEUTSCH DT Series
Crimping Instructions (English)
DEUTSCH DT Connectors with Snap Cap
Improved Seal Performance
Learn about our DEUTSCH DT connectors with snap cap
Our DEUTSCH DT 2 and 3 position snap-cap connectors introduce new choices to the trusted connector line. The innovative new snap-cap design joins the industry-trusted DEUTSCH DT connector line, which is the proven and future choice for harsh-environment applications such as trucks, buses, construction, and agricultural vehicles, as well as other markets where environmental protection is needed.
DEUTSCH DT Series Dimensions
|Cavity||DT Plug||DT Receptacle|
|Overall Length A||Overall Height B||Overall Width C||Overall Length D||Overall Height E||Overall Width F|
|3||1.118 (28.4)||0.934 (23.72)||0.718 (18.23)||1.698 (43.13)
|4||1.218 (30.94)||0.724 (18.39)||0.716 (18.19)
|6||1.218 (30.94)||0.891 (22.63)||0.716 (18.19)||1.808 (45.92)||0.951 (24.160)
|8||1.217 (30.91)||0.776 (19.71)||1.465 (37.21)
|12||1.218 (30.94)||0.716 (18.19)||1.575
Connectors That Out-Perform in Harsh Application Environments
The industrial and commercial transportation (ICT) market is a demanding one: Heavy and medium-duty vehicles must perform some of the world’s toughest jobs in harsh and unrelenting conditions while maximizing operational uptime over a long service life.