Reliability in Harsh Environments
Our DEUTSCH HD10 connectors are environmentally sealed, thermoplastic, and cylindrical connectors designed to withstand the harsh environments of the trucking, agricultural, marine, mining, and construction industries. They are used heavily used for diagnostic and help eliminate problems associated with assembly and maintenance time. They are available either in-line or flanged and accept size 12 or 16 contacts, or a combination of size 16 and size 4 contacts.
- Accepts contact sizes 4 (100 amps), 12 (25 amps), and 16 (13 amps)
- 6-20 AWG (16.00-0.50 mm2)
- 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9 cavity arrangements
- In-line, flange, or PCB mount
- Circular, thermoplastic housing
- Coupling ring for mating
- Available accessories: Backshells, boots, dust caps, gaskets, lanyards, mounting clips, strain relief
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Receptacle Interfacial Seal: Silicone rubber
- Shell: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory result during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
Frequently asked questions about our DEUTSCH HD10 Series
Crimping instruction (English)
DEUTSCH HD10 Series Dimensions
|Cavity||HD10 Plug||HD10 Receptacle|
|Overall Length A||Overall Height Ø B||Overall Length C||Overall Width Ø D|
|3||1.609 (40.87)||1.069 (27.15)||1.639 (41.63)||0.851 (21.62)|
|4||1.639 (41.63)||1.595 (40.51)||1.639 (41.63)||1.281 (32.54)|
|5||1.609 (40.87)||1.218 (30.94)||1.639 (41.63)||1.001 (25.43)|
|6||1.619 (41.12)||1.453 (36.91)||1.639 (41.63)||1.141 (28.98)|
|9||1.609 (40.87)||1.593 (40.47)||1.639 (41.63)||1.281 (32.54)|