Rugged Composite Connectors
Our DEUTSCH HDP20 connectors are heavy-duty, environmentally sealed, composite shell, multi-pin connectors. These connectors are offered in two plastic shell sizes and in nineteen different configurations. The configurations range from 2 to 47 cavities and accommodate multiple size contacts and wire sizes inside of a single shell. The composite thermoplastic shell is ideal in applications where chemicals can damage a connector housing. HDP20 features quick connect-disconnect bayonet coupling, single hole bulkhead mounting, silicone seals, and a rear insertion/rear removal contact system.
- Accepts contact sizes 4 (100 amps), 8 (60 amps), 12 (25 amps), 16 (13 amps), and 20 (7.5 amps)
- 4-22 AWG (25.00-0.35 mm2)
- 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 29, 31, 33, 35, and 47 cavity arrangements
- In-line or flange mount
- Circular, thermoplastic housing
- Coupling ring for mating
- Available accessories: Backshells, boots, dust caps, gaskets, mounting hardware, strain relief
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Plug Coupling Ring: Thermoplastic
- Shell: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities are longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory results during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities are longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage is less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping, or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
Frequently asked questions about our DEUTSCH HDP20 connectors
HDP20 series dimensions
|Shell Size||Overall Length A||Overall Height Ø B|
|18||1.521 (38.63)||1.700 (43.17)|
|24||1.521 (38.63)||1.950 (49.53)|
|Shell Size||Overall Length C
||Overall Height Ø D|
|18||1.648 (41.86)||1.750 (44.45)|
|24||1.648 (41.86)||2.000 (50.80)|