Rugged Metal HD Connectors
Our HD connectors from DEUTSCH HD30 are constructed from a metal shell developed to meet the needs of the heavy-duty equipment and transportation industries. DEUTSCH HD30 connectors are circular shaped and feature quick connect-disconnect bayonet couplings, silicone seals, and a rear insertion/rear removal contact system. These connectors also include adapter and cable clamp modifications that support the wires while reducing strain on the connectors.
- Accepts contact sizes 4 (100 amps), 8 (60 amps), 12 (25 amps), 16 (13 amps), and 20 (7.5 amps)
- 6-22 AWG (13.00-0.35 mm2)
- 2, 6, 8, 9, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 29, 31, 33, 35, and 47 cavity arrangements
- In-line or flange mount
- Circular, aluminum housing
- Coupling ring for mating
- Available accessories: Backshells, boots, dust caps, gaskets, mounting hardware, strain relief
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Plug Coupling Ring: Aluminum
- Shell: Aluminum
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory results during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage is less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
Frequently asked questions about our DEUTSCH HD30 connectors
DEUTSCH HD30 Connector Series Dimensions
|Shell Size||HD/HDP Plug||HD/HDP Receptacle|
|Overall Length A||Overall Height ØB||Overall Length C||Overall Width ØD|
|18||1.521 (38.63)||1.700 (43.17)||1.648 (41.86)||1.750 (44.45)|
|24||1.521 (38.63)||1.950 (49.53)||1.648 (41.86)||2.000 (50.80)|