Wire disconnects for easy installation in tight spaces
Knife disconnect terminal blocks are used when a circuit needs to open in a control system without disturbing the wiring. Knife disconnect terminals – also known as wire disconnects – have a compact design that makes installation in small spaces easier. Knife disconnects are joined by a four-point contact knife switch, wiping action. When properly assembled, they cannot be accidentally pulled apart. Tensile strain tends to further engage them.
Knife Disconnect Terminals
- A four-point contact knife
- Wire gauge for adaptation to proper wire size
- An insulated crimping barrel to make a dependable electrical contact with the wire
- A corresponding certified crimping tool to make a dependable optimal crimping quality
- An optional insulating tubing to make a permanent insulation knife disconnect splice