High-speed industries require high-speed components
From human-machine interfaces to distributed factory controls, we can help you increase productivity and safety on the floor and throughout production.
Discrete, hybrid, and process automation industries are on the move. From the mass adoption of edge-to-cloud architecture to real-time control, automation use cases are moving faster than ever, demanding higher data transfer rates, increased reliability, and modularity. On this site you will find connectivity solutions for the industrial automation's building blocks:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) monitor the state of input devices and make decisions based upon a custom program to control the state of output devices. Inputs include but aren’t limited to limit switches, proximity sensors, and temperature sensors. There are several PLC types to meet a diverse set of automation use cases. The previously mentioned types include but aren’t limited to nano-PLCs, medium-PLCs and safety PLCs.
- Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) supervise and coordinate controllers distributed across a plant, orchestrating process-wide operations. Reliability is paramount; therefore, automation companies provide not only control equipment but also supervisory systems and interfaces as an integrated package.
- Industrial PCs (IPCs) monitor the state of input devices and make decisions based upon a custom program to control the state of output devices. These devices are able to withstand the harsh environment of a production facility, possessing great processing power and memory capabilities able to host a full-fledged operating system.
- Input Output (IO) modules are the building blocks of PLC, DCS, and IPC – based automation, connecting control devices to the outside world. These devices hand handle discrete and analog signals from sensors, actuators, and other devices. There are several IO modules types that enable automation deployment in several areas. The previously mentioned types include but aren’t limited to modular IO, slice IO, and block IO.
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) facilitate human-machine interaction through the usage of tactile buttons and screen. These devices leverage custom software to display production units, allowing interaction with its inputs and outputs.
- CNC controllers are industrial computers used to control metal cutting or forming of a work piece by means of a pre-stored program in the systems’ memory. These devices interpret a pre-stored program, initiating response through several functions that range from linear to multi-axes motion
Performing the essential delivery of data, I/O and interconnect solutions drive efficient communication between end devices. We offer ruggedized and IP-classified interconnect solutions that support reliable, uninterrupted industrial communication allowing I/O systems to fully control the factory floor.
M12 X-Code connectors
Full metal shell IP67 sealed connector offers reliability, performance and field installable options for high vibration environments. 360˚ cable shield termination helps ensure the best possible data transmission speed while the gold plated crimp contacts and unique torsion free jacket crimping system helps secure a quality connection.
Offering slim PCB solutions, TE's Wire-to-Board product portfolio brings increased levels of data transmission to control interfaces, miniaturized solutions for greater flexibility on your PCBs, and protection from dust and water intrusion.
ERNI MicroSpeed Power Modules
ERNI MicroSpeed power modules are reliable connectors for power supply systems. Its unique property is its high current carrying capacity of up to 18 A/pin in comparison to its small dimensions. MicroSpeed Power is a 5-pin connector system with a contact pitch of 2.0 mm. A broad range of different types (orientation, blind mate option, SMT and THR options) and many different heights (5 to 20 mm) of male and female is available.
ERNI MicroCon connectors
MicroCon connectors are predestined for demanding applications and offer high performance in an extremely compact design. These are miniaturized double-row finepitch connectors with a space-saving 0.8 mm grid dimension and available with different numbers of poles from 12 to 100.
ERNI Power Connectors
Power connectors can also carry high current by being miniaturized nevertheless. The power connector and MicroSpeed power modules differ on the basis of pins. This unshielded power connector can provide up to 44 pins and is available in 1- or 2-row versions. Higher operating voltages are possible due to a variable distance between the contacts, providing great flexibility in the applications.
Controls in automation systems need to be just as, if not more reliable than, the automated devices and equipment itself. With this come factors such as durability, bandwidth, installation requirements, and power capabilities. Designing for a system like HMIs, or PLCs requires an intricate look at these requirements, and TE's AMPMODU Interconnect and Dynamic mini series connector products are examples of solutions that bring greater flexibility and reliability to your designs.
Dynamic mini series connectors
Suitable for narrow spaces in small industrial equipment and machinery applications. The size of the D1000 is 80% smaller than the D1200 series with low interference risk and streamlined design. Keying and the locking feature provide reliability and reduces unexpected unmating and lever breakage in narrow spaces.
Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) connectors
Reliable interconnects that use an actuator to secure the cable termination, and are field terminatable (require no tooling) and are available in centerline spacing of 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 1.0mm, and 1.25mm, and incorporate a low profile height and light-weight features.
Our offering in general purpose and force guided relays support a wide breadth of solutions to meet your needs for automation controls. Not finding the solution here? Check out our Relay Selector Tool for the specificity you require.
Force Guided relays
Used in safety circuits in combination with light curtains, interlock switches, and emergency stop switches to control outputs. These are used to expand outputs for safety relay modules and safety controllers. Our SCHRACK force guided relays are engineered for reliably switching low loads by the monitoring circuit.
TE's products for internal wiring offer critical connectivity, organization and reliability where you need it most. Explore and equip your designs with the range of terminal blocks, identification & labeling, and terminal & splice solutions that can support ultimate performance.
Additional solutions for Automation Controls
Memory socket connectors
Engineered for reliable interconnection to the standard memory modules in communications equipment. Manufactured to JEDEC industry standards for single in-line memory modules (SIMM) and dual in-line memory modules (DIMM), our memory sockets provide end latches for module retention and ejection as well as mechanical voltage keying.
Well-established SMD and THT range of precision chip resistors encompass technology in thick film and thin film to provide high reliability and stability. They are offering various power dissipations relating to chip size, low temperature coefficient down to ± 2 PPM / °C and resistance tolerance down to ± 0.01%.
Video & Downloads
Better Robotics for Industrial Automation
Enabling more automation in factories begins with operating robots engineered for high precision and durability under extreme conditions and heavy use. Learn about our solutions for reliably connecting and protecting the flow of power and data in high-output robots used in manufacturing environments.