QSFP-DD for High-Performance Computing
QSFP-DD (quad small form-factor pluggable double density) doubles the density of QSFP interconnects with an eight-lane electrical interface capable of 28 Gbps NRZ or 56 Gbps PAM-4 to achieve 200 or 400 Gbps aggregate per port. Our QSFP-DD connector portfolio’s backwards compatibility allows existing QSFP modules to be plugged into QSFP-DD ports. Additionally, our QSFP-DD cages feature a proprietary heat sink design, making them the only solution to work in 15-18W applications at a low cost – providing superior thermal and signal integrity performance.
QSFP-DD 112G 1x SMT Receptacle Connector
TE Connectivity's new Our QSFP-DD 112G SMT receptacle connectors can address next-generation data center needs by increasing density in an existing QSFP form factor to reach speeds up to 800 Gbps. These products are designed for 800 Gbps PAM-4 protocols. TE’s QSFP-DD products work cost effectively in 15-18W applications leveraging proprietary heat sink technology. Our new connectors are fully backward-compatible, providing an easy upgrade path from existing QSFP solutions. TE offers a broad QSFP-DD portfolio which includes 1x1 to 1x6 cages and SMT connectors. Custom lightpipes, heatsinks are also available.
- Faceplate density equal to current 1xN QSFP28
- 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x5 and 1x6 cages available
- Cages are belly-to-belly compatible
- Connector is traditional SMT with 4 rows
- Multiple heatsink and lightpipe options available
- Customizable with standard PCIe, SAN and NET heatsink heights, or to customer defi ned requirements
- 1, 2 and 4 lightpipe configurations
2x1 QSFP-DD Cages and Connectors
TE’s QSFP-DD 2x1 cages and connectors add to the wide range of existing QSFP-DD surface mount products, providing customers with additional design options for 400G applications, through a robust, consistent and cost effective solution. These products address both 28G NRZ and 56G PAM-4 protocols, with a roadmap to 112G PAM-4 for future system upgrades. QSFP-DD 2x1 cages and connectors’ stacked configuration allows for more height from the host board to allow for a more unified airflow and larger ASIC heat sink. These solutions can be a cost effective, cooling high power applications (15-18W) by leveraging proprietary heat sink technology.
QSFP-DD Cable Assemblies
- QSFP-DD cable assemblies are similar to QSFP28 4 channel (8 pair), but use double the channels to 8 (16 pair) by using a 2nd row of contact/pad locations on the front of the PCB
- Maximum cable reaches to meet IEEE 802.3cd SDD21 requirement of -17.28dB at 13.28 GHz
- 16 pair 28AWG cable maximum fit (2.5m), plans for as small as 32AWG
- QSFP-DD to QSFP-DD
- QSFP-DD to 2x and 4x QSFP28/56
- QSFP-DD to 8x SFP28/56
QSFP-DD Connectors & Cable Assemblies
- Data centers
- High performance computing
WATCH QSFP-DD IN ACTION IN OUR LIVE DEMOS FROM DESIGNCON 2019
Click video to watch the QSFP-DD thermal demo consists of a 1RU enclosure with 32 ports of the QSFP-DD 400Gbps input/output (I/O) populated with thermal emulator modules. The demo allows programmable control of airflow and per module power dissipation levels up to 15 Watts, demonstrating realistic operation of a 12.8Tbps 1RU enclosure.