The reception of broadcast services was the first major application of radio waves for the mass market. While there have been many advances in the wireless market, broadcast is still the number one source of information and entertainment in any vehicle. TE Connectivity (TE) caters to this market with a wide range of antenna products of its product brand HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY to enable the best possible reception.
HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY broadcast antennas allow the reception of audio streams (radio) and video streams (TV). The majority of broadcast services are transmitted via terrestrial stations, however few services use satellites to allow for a bigger reach. Because the received signal has lower power and voltage levels, immediate amplification is typically necessary in order to compensate for attenuation losses in the reception system. For all our broadcast antennas we also offer suitable amplifiers and extension/adaptation cables.
Supported Broadcast Services
- Analog Radio Services AM and FM
- Digital Radio Services DAB(+) and HD-Radio
- Digital TV Services DVB-T/-T2, ISDB-T and T-DMB
- Digital Satellite Radio SDARS
- Combination of services possible
DAB, AM/FM, SDARS
HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY radio antenna systems are used primarily in cars, trucks, commercial vehicles or camper vans. They are available as aftermarket products or customer-specific developments that have been adapted to existing vehicle concepts – as external roof antennas or integrated (embedded) antenna systems.
- Powerful, high-quality reception
- Adaptation to available installation spaces
- External or integrated antennas available
- Robust, flexible use
- Wide range of configuration options
- Various designs
- All global analogue and digital radio and TV broadcasting standards
- Customer-specific developments
For terrestrial antennas, there are three main concepts available to implement:
- Rod antennas that are visible on the vehicle body
- Flexible antenna structures assembled invisibly under plastic parts e.g. spoilers
- Screen antennas - metallic antenna structures, invisibly integrated in the front, side or rear screen
For satellite antennas, there are two main concepts available to implement:
- Patch antennas integrated in roof top antennas e.g. shark fin antenna; visible solutions
- Patch antennas structures in integrated spoilers etc.; invisible solution
Customer-Specific Radio Antennas
In accordance with customer requirements, the HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY radio antennas can be combined with telephone or even radio-controlled central locking services and adapted to the particular installation spaces and design standards of each vehicle.
- Customer-specific developments in accordance with vehicle concepts (automotive, commercial vehicles)
- Reception of AM/FM, DAB(+), SDARS with various combination options
- Roof antennas or integrated antenna systems available
- Wide range of assembly concepts: quick fastening, single-hand assembly, direct connector
- Vehicle-specific solutions: windscreen antennas, film antennas for specific installation spaces, for exterior mirrors or plastic vehicle body parts.
Global Digital TV Reception
HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY TV antenna systems enable reception of a wide range of global digital TV broadcasting standards such as DVB-T, DVB-T-2, ISDB-T, DTMB/CMMB or T-DMB. They are available as external or integrated antennas and are developed in accordance with customer requirements for available installation spaces or design standards.
Benefits & Features
Wide range of global digital TV broadcasting standards available
Can be combined with other services
Adaption to available installation spaces possible
Customer-Specific TV Antennas
TE Connectivity offers various services for automotive TV broadcasting, as reception systems for vehicles, within signal processing units or TV modules and boxes that are ready to install.
HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY TV antennas enable reception of all terrestrial frequencies used around the world, whereby the primary focus is on bands 3, 4 and 5. In accordance with our customers' requirements, they can be combined with radio or other services and adapted to the particular installation spaces and design standards of each vehicle. Here, integrated antenna systems such as film antennas are mostly used, as they offer concealed and space-saving installation.