Power, data, and signal in the same cable. Every year, we custom design and build several thousand high-performance, multicore/multiconductor cables to meet unique product needs. We select from our extensive range of high-performance cable components and jacket combinations to offer solutions which can improve electrical and mechanical performance and reduce size and weight.
Performance of conventional braiding can be significantly improved by computer optimization. This tightly controlled process can give many times the shielding performance of a basic braided shield with minimal weight penalty or increase in optical coverage. Supershielded cables combine Mu metal wraps with optimized braids to provide even further enhanced performance, especially at low frequencies.
Multicore Shield Types
|Cable Shield Type||Typical Cable Application|
|Aluminized Polyester||Electrostatic Shielding|
|Single Braid||Low level EMI / Low Sensitivity|
|Single Optimized Braid||Sensitive Lines / High EMI|
|Double Optimized Braid||Highly Sensitive Lines / Severe EMI|
|Double Supershielded||Highest Level of Shielding|
Standards and Approvals
Rugged, High Performance Design
- ZEROHAL - LFH (Low Fire Hazard)
- ISO 9000
The design of cables to provide effective shielding over a broad frequency spectrum is complex, and cables must be tailored to specific electromagnetic environments.
- Multicore Cables,
- Product Catalog
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is an EPD Cable?
A: The EPD cable is engineered and designed specifically for a customer project or application using TE’s Raychem components and materials.
Q: What are the appropriate applications for EPD cables?
A: Commercial Aerospace, Military Ground, Military Aerospace, Military Marine, Missiles, Outer space, Transportation- Rail/Automotive, Industrial, Offshore/Subsea
Benefits: Multicore Cables
Compact, Flexible Design
- Up to 40% smaller than comparable products
- Improved electrical, mechanical and/or thermal performance
- Enhanced chemical and fluid resistance
- Ultra-flexible cables and components available
- Ability to include data, signal and power in the same cable
Features: Multicore Cables
- Cost savings over hand-built point-to-point harnesses
- Available in small order quantities
- Special testing available upon request
- Cable design services provided free-of-charge
Applications: Multicore Cables
Military Ground, Marine, and Aerospace
- Rotating turret
- Engine bay wiring
- Signal and power bulk wiring
- Back-up camera
- Weapon systems and radar
- Below deck zero halogen cabling
- Launch and contro systems
- Missile internal wiring
- Airframe communications systems