Combine reliability with ease of termination
Our CoolSplice connectors are wire-to-wire splices designed to connect discrete wires for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor lighting, HVAC, building safety and security systems and other electrical installations.
Features and Benefits
- Easy factory or field installation using independent push button termination for left and right side of the connector
- Save installation time and eliminate the need to pre-strip wires with insulation displacement technology (IDC)
- Enable a waterproof solution with an IPX5, IPX7 and IPX8 (2 hours, 1m under water) rated splice
- Save installation time through a simple push button termination using standard tools
- Terminates 22 AWG to 12 AWG (0.34 mm2 - 4.0 mm2) solid and stranded wire
CoolSplice connectors elegantly combine reliability with ease of termination. No need for special tooling; a common pair of pliers is used to pushbutton terminate insulated wires into an insulation displacement crimp contact. Suitable for splicing 22 AWG to 12 AWG (0.34 mm2 - 4.0 mm2) solid and stranded wire, the CoolSplice connectors enable an industry proven reliable connection. Wires are terminated independently for ease of use, and this feature allows for factory pre-termination of one wire and field termination of the second during installation. All CoolSplice connectors offer a gelfilled sealed version of the standard product extending use of CoolSplice into harsh environment applications requiring ingress protection from the elements. A thoughtful design includes a clear body material for visual inspection of the termination and to distinguish between our standard and sealed product.
- Roadway, Street and Area Lighting
- Signs and Building Façade Lighting
- Indoor Lighting Fixtures
- Wiring Harness Field Repairs
- Audio speaker connections
- Lighting in furniture
- Commercial refrigeration lighting
- Display and cabinet lighting
- Bridge and Tunnel Lighting
- Security and alarm systems
- Domotics (home automation)
- Wide range of other applications
TE Connectivity’s CoolSplice Connectors are IPx8 rated in-line splices suitable for outdoor applications. Wire termination is done independently by inserting a wire into the end of the connector and pushing down the color coded button with a standard pair of pliers. The connector is side-by-side stackable, enabling multi-position configurations.