Sensors are devices that provide detection and measurement of a physical stimulus and converts that measurement into an electrical output signal that can represent the level, intensity, or strength of the property. Electrical signal outputs from a sensor can be in the form of a voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, frequency, or digital data output. Sensor types include temperature, pressure, position, level, force, speed, vibration, flow, optical, and humidity.
The main functions that a sensor performs are: monitoring - the sensor provides information to a display or recording device; information provided based on a condition or changes in a phenomenon (feedback) and then controls the function to maintain parameters within a selected range; or by adding intelligence within systems that can process data to help make complex autonomous decisions in an operation.
Our sensors can provide the solution for your application requirements, including:
- Digital sensors with I2C and SPI protocols that use less power and provide excellent resolution, accuracy, and precision in IoT applications.
- Sensors with a smaller form factor, packaged to fit within miniaturized designs.
- Wireless connectivity sensors that feature LoRaWAN or Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication protocols for data transfer, ideal for condition monitoring applications.
- Certified sensors for harsh and hazardous environments, where sensors may be exposed to explosive atmospheres, extreme temperatures, high vibration levels, mechanical shock, or environments with strong EMI/RFI/ESD fields or high levels of radioactivity.
- Multi-sensor modules to measure multiple parameter outputs via an I2C interface.
Connect With Us
TE Connectivity offers an unmatched portfolio of intelligent and efficient sensor types across patient monitoring and treatment, industrial automation and condition monitoring, and automotive applications. Select from our in-stock and configure-to-order products, order samples or connect with our design experts.