TE Connectivity (TE) has launched a new version of its WinTotal software - version 6. This version has a number of new features and benefits, and works with all current TE identification products and printers - making it an even more powerful and user-friendly identification and labeling solution.
TE Connectivity (TE) has launched a new version of its WinTotal software - version 6. This software series supports high quality wire and harness identification and basic label printing applications. WinTotal v6 software has a number of new features and benefits, and works with all current TE identification products and printers - making it an even more powerful and user-friendly identification and labelling solution.
- Simplified user interface, offering a true WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) experience
- In-built templates, allowing accurate text positioning based upon product selected
- Auto font sizing
- Accepts and prints in any language – with Unicode support
- Ribbon control for all functions
- Alpha numeric serialisation – increment and decrement
- Print preview option, with selected options reflected in preview
- Clipart gallery, with commonly-used symbols
- Customisable Quick Access Toolbar
WinTotal and Unicode
WinTotal v6 now fully supports Unicode, which allows for multilingual text to be printed on the label, using any or all of the languages required. And no more empty boxes where mathematical symbols should be! If the character has a Unicode equivalent, then WinTotal v6 will display and print that character. As of September 2013, there are 110,000 characters in Unicode - from Avestan to Yi Syllables - so if it can be written into a Microsoft application, it can be copied into WinTotal v6.
WinTotal v6 has 2,500 standard TE Connectivity Identification products pre-installed. This makes the creation and printing of Identification sleeves or labels a quick and simple task. Using the advanced editor, it is also possible to create complex layouts that relate to active data fields, giving a true WYSIWYG representation.
- Multilingual User Interface: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese,Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Turkish
- Pre-loaded with TE Identification templates
- Graphical user interface with WYSIWYG display
- Simplified operator interface with powerful functions
- Built-in printer drivers for TE printers Multiple Application Port Printing (MAPP):
- Product assigned to specified printers for automatic batch printing
- Import or print from external data sources - e.g. txt, csv, xls, xlsx or mdb
- Advanced template design allows for the creation of graphics, logos, barcodes, lines, rectangles and circles
- Support for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 (32bit and 64bit); Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- IBM compatible PC - 1GHz or higher 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64) processor
- Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (32bit or 64bit); Windows Server 2008 and 2012; Vista & XP SP3
- 100MB of free disk space (depending on the installation options)