Efficient power distribution
Busbars and busbar connectors are an efficient method of distributing power in a system, transmitting high current power from source to load. We are pleased to offer our bus bar knowledge and broad connector portfolio to help develop optimized power delivery solutions for our customers. Our portfolio includes CROWN CLIP, AMPOWER, and RAPIDLOCK power bus bar connectors, offering space efficiency, ease of installation and upgrade, hot pluggability, and power optimization for a wide variety of applications.
CROWN CLIP Sr. 420A Power Connectors
Our CROWN CLIP Sr. 420A power connector is a compact, high current connector for busbar power distribution using the popular CROWN BAND contact technology. The connector family provides a heavy-duty 12V/48V power solution to support next-generation architectures in server, storage, data center, and switch applications. Our connector mates to a 3.0mm thick plated busbar that provides a separable interface to ease assembly, inspection and troubleshooting.
Bus Bar Connectors
- Ease of installation achieved using blind mate features, providing functionality that minimizes misalignment.
- Provides significant power capability for 12V and 48V architectures, supporting next-generation applications that require a large amount of power.
- Large product portfolio and global product support network allows for supply chain stability, while high quality manufacturing standards helps to ensure a sturdy and heavy-duty product.
125A Dual CROWN CLIP JUNIOR Connector
Our new 125A Dual CROWN CLIP Junior power connector for 5mm busbar adds to the wide range of existing current rated connectors and can provide a means for distributing power within a system. This solution was designed to reduce server complexity and provides a separable connection that ease assembly, inspection, and troubleshooting.
AMPOWER Wave Crimp System
Family of Interconnections
The AMPOWER Wave Crimp System is a family of interconnections featuring a unique flat copper cable termination which makes it suitable for power distribution. The wide variety of AMPOWER interfaces available from TE for flat cable make it a versatile, innovative, and cost effective solution for power distribution. AMPOWER flat cable assemblies provide a unique and effective means of distributing power from source to load in today’s high speed, high density systems.
AMPOWER Wave Crimp System
- Separable interfaces have positive locking, polarization, and contact shrouding
- Right-angle and vertical headers on 2.54 [.100] centers accommodate standard 1.02 [.040] PCB hole diameter
- Four-cable, self-aligning connector can pick up 2.03 [.080] misalignment off a common axis and measures 80 amps per cable (at 30ºC temperature rise) depending upon the application
- Unique tap permits branching of trunk lines to serve multiple distribution points
- Assemblies are measured at 70-110 amps (with 30ºC temperature rise) depending upon mounting interface
- Recognized under the Component Program of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., File No. E28476, No. E13288, and No. E53799
- Certified by Canadian Standards Association, File No. LR7189A-149
- First flat cable tap that allows branching from primary trunk lines, side tapping, and discrete wire tapping
- Blind mate drawer connectors feature sequential mating and signal contacts
CROWN CLIP JUNIOR Connectors
Controlled & Reliable
The CROWN CLIP JUNIOR connector provides a space efficient connector in solder or screw mount configurations ideal for power supply/distribution applications. It is hot plug capable for controlled and reliable separation of high power. The connector mates to a 3.0mm thick plated busbar that provides a separable interface to ease assembly, inspection and trouble shooting.
CROWN CLIP JUNIORS Connectors
- Current: 150 A
- Mating Force: 40 N max
- Mating Busbar thickness: 3.0 ±0.1 mm
- Busbar Misalignment: ±0.75 mm max
- Hot Pluggable: Yes
- Contact Resistance: 0.2 milliohms max
Sliding Power Connector
TE Connectivity’s (TE) sliding power connector is one of the only connectors of it’s kind that allows for hot swapping of components in a server drawer. This power solution is ideal for applications up to 50A and eliminates the need for a bulky cable management system within the drawer.