In this notice, we inform TE’s consumers who are based in California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia about their privacy rights as protected by applicable State privacy laws.
TE collects the following types of information
When visiting our websites, we will collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address as well as other information, such as browser, device type, domain, host names, pages viewed and viewing patterns, as well as the country/region where you are located.
Once you complete an account on our website or another webform we can collect your contact details including name, email address, physical address, company name, function and phone number, as well as your industry of interest. When you place an order in the TE Store we also collect information relating to your purchase.
Purposes for which we use your personal information
The information collected when visiting our website allows us to better determine user needs and interests to drive improvements to website content and functionality, and to improve the overall customer service experience.
We use the information you provide in the account or web forms for analyzing and improving our website, for sending you (upon request) samples of TE products, for sending you direct marketing information and for executing your order in the TE Store.
We can also use your personal information for the additional purposes as stated
- Website Registration
- Request for Information Regarding Product/Service
- Website Features and Updates
- Product/Service Enhancements and Information
- Webinar/Training Registration
- Survey Participation
- Live Chat Support and use of Chatbot
- Customer Service Support
- Job Applications
- Product Information Center Support
- Sample Requests
- Sales Transactions and Support
- Operate the TE Store
- Export Controls
- Participation in Public Forums
- Social Media Advertising
- Sweepstakes Administration
- Customize Account Preferences
- Marketing Purposes
- Enabling the download and use of a TE mobile app and the various functions it provides which may include the use of the camera of your device or collecting its location.
Selling or sharing of personal information
TE does not sell your personal information as such for monetary consideration. Still, we may provide personal information to TE distributors and certain business partners for sales and marketing purposes. We may also provide third parties personal information for behavioral marketing. When you don’t want this, you can click on the following link: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You can also call the following toll-free number 1-866-707-7754.
Invoke your privacy rights
Under applicable laws you can ask us for the following information by completing the webform or by calling the following toll-free number 1-866-707-7754:
- Right to know about personal information that we collected, disclosed or sold
- Right to request deletion of personal information
- Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information
- Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of a consumer’s privacy rights
- Right to have your personal information corrected
You can also ask another person to invoke these rights on your behalf as your authorized agent by completing the webform.
For any additional questions you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: July 1, 2023