Flexible Power Cables for Tight Spots
TE’s range of flexible power cables are designed to be bent and routed in extremely tight areas with no wrinkling or cracking of the insulation, and which help meet the harshest application requirements.
The need for a combination of high-temperature and high-performance in wire insulation has become a critical factor in today’s platforms. TE’s new highly flexible wires, the SHF-260 and FDR25S, provide an exceptional range of properties such as reducing the stress on the contact, and reducing the mating and de-mating forces normally associated with large-shell diameter circular connectors.
SHF-260 Highly Flexible Wire
- All extruded fluoropolymer based insulation system
- Outstanding chemical and fluid resistance when tested to SAE-AS-22759/41
- Corona resistant when tested to ASTM D1868
- Arc track resistant to the current SAE-AS-22759 specification
FDR25S Highly Flexible Wire
- Highly flexible small bend radius allows for fitting into complex routing
- Extruded polymer notch and abrasion resistant — mechanically tough
- Vibration stability helps support a long life cycle in engine compartments
Used in compartments exposed to hot diesel fuels and vibration, FDR 25 high flexible wire resists a wide range of aggressive fluids and offers excellent low temperature flexibility.
SPEC 80 FLEXLINE WIRE
- Lightweight aluminum conductor offering reduced weight up to 40%
- Flexible copper conductor offering facilitates routing through tight spaces
The SPEC 80 Flexline Wire is used in a broad range of applications from hook up wires to power cables. FlexLine wire constructions provide maximum flexibility similar to the SAE-AS-22759 products in Mechanical, Chemical and Thermal properties.