Standard Line FASTON Receptacles Offer Advances In Quick Disconnect Termination
TE Connectivity’s (TE) Standard line FASTON receptacles offer advanced features beyond those of many other quick disconnect receptacles. They provide innovation at the receptacle-to-tab and the wire-to-receptacle interfaces. Their low insertion force (LIF) design is robust, fully meeting specifications after the sixth insertion. F-crimp, Tab-Lok or an innovative 2D crimp is available. The 2D crimp allows one terminal and one applicator to cover a full range of wire sizes. This can reduce the number of part numbers to spec in, buy and inventory; reduce applicator cost and set-up; and improve applicator efficiency. Tin-plated brass receptacles are rated 125°C, while nickel-plated steel receptacles are rated 250°C. They can be used across a broad range of industries, including home appliances, industrial machinery, transportation and others.
- Insertion force is 6 lbs (27 N), average, when used with FASTON tabs, easing assembly
- Robust design fully meets specifications on sixth mating cycle, not just the first one, supporting applications where assembly operations or field repairs might require disconnection and reconnection
- Tin-plated brass Standard line FASTON receptacles are rated at 125°C, rather than the 110°C rating of some other tin-plated brass quick disconnect terminals
- Nickel-plated steel Standard line FASTON receptacles are rated at 250°C
- Choice of crimp options for tin-plated brass receptacles includes innovative 2D crimp that allows one terminal and one applicator to acommodate many wire sizes, potentially reducing design-in, procurement, inventory and production cost
- Standard line FASTON receptacles are backward compatible with housings designed for Premier, Budget and LIF line FASTON receptacles
Applicators and conversion kits are available.
Applicator and Conversion Kits
- Various TE applicators are available for Standard line FASTON receptacles with the F-crimp or the Tab-Lok crimp.
- TE OCEAN applicators can apply a Standard line FASTON receptacle with 2D crimp technology to a wide range of wire sizes.
- For customers who already have TE applicators for F-crimp FASTON receptacles, TE offers 2D crimp conversion kits. Each kit consists of wire crimpers, insulation crimper and anvil. A kit will enable an existing TE applicator to be used with 2D crimp receptacles and a range of wire sizes.