NTC Temperature Sensors
TE Connectivity is a leading designer and manufacturer of high precision NTC (negative temperature coefficient) thermistors. NTCs offer many advantages in temperature sensing - including miniature size, excellent long-term stability, high accuracy and precision. Our NTC thermistors provide solutions for thermal sensing ranging from basic to complex applications and environmental conditions.
Capabilities of TE's NTC Thermistor Portfolio
- High accuracy / interchangeability
- Proven long-term stability and reliability
- Miniaturized components
- Rapid time response
- Lead wire options
- Available in temperature ranges from -80ºC to +300ºC
- Custom probe assemblies available
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How fast do NTCs respond?
A: Response time is defined as the time it takes to reach 62% or a new temperature, and is a function of mass. The smaller the sensor the faster the response. A discrete sensor will respond faster than the same sensor packaged inside a metal housing. Typical response times for a Series I NTC thermistor sensor is <15 seconds.
Q: Are NTCs available in a smaller size?
A: Typical size for an epoxy coated discrete in an OD of 0.95" Max. Miniature glass sensors have a max. OD of 0.15".
Q: How stable are NTC sensors?
A: Different sensor families have different stability ratings. Epoxy coated NTCs are less stable than a hermetically sealed glass NTC sensors.
- Medical: Catheters, Dialysis, Patient Monitoring
- Aerospace & Defense: Satellites, Missiles, Spacecraft, Aircraft, Atmospheric Monitoring
- HVACR: Air Flow, Mobile/Case Refrigeration, Fire Detection, Building Management
- Appliances: Clothes Dryers, Coffee Makers, Industrial Ovens, Pool/Spa Control
- Instrumentation: Liquid/Air/Gas Flow Sensing, Chemical Analysis, Metrological Monitoring
- Automotive: Cabin Climate Control, Heated Seats, External Temperature Monitoring