With spatial requirements continuing to become more critical in designs for telecommunications, computer, military, rail systems, and more, we offer the STRADA Mesa mezzanine connector to provide a stacking, board-to-board connection solution for efficient PCB space utilization.
The STRADA Mesa product design delivers a high-speed performance of +15 Gbps. In addition, the design provides three pin and socket signal contact arrangement options -- high-speed differential, high-density single-ended and RF/ Coaxial -- to suit various application requirements.
Stack height options start at 8mm and grow to 42mm in 1mm increments -- making the connector ideal for high-speed differential architectures utilizing PCBs arranged in a mezzanine application. The product solves power issues associated with board-to-board stacking through integrated power contacts that are each capable of carrying 14 Amps of current.
The STRADA Mesa connector is available in eight pairs per column and in sizes one, two and three, which when fully loaded with differential pairs, will yield 40, 80 and 120 pairs, respectively. The product design incorporates a pin and socket separable interface and a press-fit PCB attachment, creating an ideal condition for mating multiple connectors simultaneously. Additional features include optional open space for airflow and optional guide systems to accommodate blind mating.
Specifications and Features
- Data rates up to 15+ Gbps
- 100 Ohm impedance
- Single ended, differential, and power configurations
- Optional power contacts spaced for 48V applications per UL 1950
- 14 amp Current rating
- Optional guide system to accommodate blind mating
- Stack heights from 8-42mm in 1mm increments
- Press-Fit (Eye-of-the-Needle) PCB attach.
- Open space to allow for Airflow through connector
- Three housing sizes (widths): Standard: 40, 80, and 120 pairs; Half: 24, 48, and 88 pairs; Power: 6 -12 contacts
- Switching and Routers
- Optical transport