Robust High Density
Our DEUTSCH AEC connectors are environmentally sealed, heavy-duty electrical connectors that accept size 16 DEUTSCH contacts. These connectors are constructed of rugged thermoplastic and offer several keying options. DEUTSCH AEC connectors feature 40 cavities, are square shaped, and use a jackscrew for mating.
- Accepts contact size 16 (13 amps)
- 14-20 AWG (2.50-0.50 mm2)
- 40 cavity arrangement
- Square, thermoplastic housing
- Jackscrew for mating
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Jackscrew: Steel
- Plug Threaded Inserts: Steel
- Shell: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory result during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
Frequently asked questions about our DEUTSCH AEC Series
DEUTSCH AEC Series Dimensions
|Cavity||AEC Plug||AEC Receptacle|
|40||1.440 (36.58)||1.788 (45.16)||1.894 (48.11)||1.642 (41.71)||1.944 (49.38)||1.828 (46.43)|