Open Compute Project (OCP) November 9-10, 2021
San Jose Convention Centre | San Jose, California
EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS
We continue to make efforts to ensure smooth operations and the health and safety of our employees globally by deploying pandemic preparedness plans that include actions centered around people safety, business operations, supply chain integrity and technology processes.
PERFORMANCE, RELIABILITY, INTEGRITY.
With an ever-evolving landscape in computing and the increasing requirement for cloud storage, there is one thing that must remain constant: your power supply. You need a modern, connected, and reliable infrastructure - which in turn depends on reliable and high-performing connections.
TE Connectivity can address a wide variety of applications in next-generation products such as:
- OSFP, QSFP-DD, QSFP, SFP-DD, Thermal Bridge and high-speed I/O showcasing solutions for thermal management, disaggregation, density, improved channels, co-packaging, 5G, and power delivery.
- The Sliver Interconnect Family has not only received industry recognition, it has been identified as the standard and required product through several industry groups like COBO, GenZ, EDSFF and Open Compute for today and next gen server and storage designs.
- The industry leading STRADA Whisper high speed backplane connectors, with a continuously expanded range of configurations including direct plug orthogonal, mezzanine, and cables all delivering at 56Gbps, 112Gbps and beyond.
- Power Solutions including Busbar Assemblies, Custom Power Cable Assemblies, Rapid Lock, Elcon mini and High Current Card Edge products address 12V system and 48V next generation system architectures demand for higher power needs and deliver power solutions to improve cost effectiveness, safety, high/low volume production, and reliability.
- CDFP connectors and cables enable PCI Express to be extended beyond the server chassis for Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) applications, as well as NVMe based SSD storage applications.
Integration of silicon photonics engines and ASICs will be leveraged to drive performance and cost efficiencies in data center networking and artificial intelligence system architectures. Watch video to learn more on co-packaging socket technology.
Principal Product Development Engineer, Brian Costello, presents at OCP 2021
What is Open Rack Version 3 (Orv3)?
The Open Rack Version 3 (ORv3) enables a higher rack power density while leveraging 48V distribution. To achieve the future power needs of the next generation of Open Rack equipment, a new IT Gear Connector was developed.
Key Presentation Highlights:
- A detailed review of the ORv3 IT Gear 48V power input connectors which include a screw mount version as well as a toolless version.
- The new features of the ORv3 IT Gear 48V power input connectors will be presented which include sense contacts and chassis ground contacts.
- To be reviewed is the new 48V busbar which also include new features supplemental chassis ground interfaces to the IT Gear equipment through the connector.