VW-1 RATED, SINGLE WALL, ZEROHAL TUBING
SWFR single wall heat shrink tubing is a cost effective, highly flame-retardant, 2:1 shrink ratio tubing made of irradiated, cross-linked polyolefin. It insulates and mechanically protects components, electrical connections, terminations and more. This non-halogenated tubing is applicable for use in enclosed spaces, and it fully recovers at a relatively low 90°C, facilitating rapid application.
TE SWFR single wall heat shrink tubing is offered in two very flexible types. X2 is a thin wall tubing, and X4 is a very thin wall tubing. The thicker wall of the X2 offers better protection, while the space-saving thinner wall of the X4 permits denser packing of protected components and a faster shrink time to better protect against thermal damage of temperature-sensitive components. Both types are halogen free, permitting their use in enclosed spaces where toxic gasses from burning materials containing halogens are undesirable. SWFR heat shrink tubing’s high degree of flame retardancy allows it to carry UL VW-1 and CSA OFT flammability ratings. This latest addition to the RAYCHEM tubing product line is environmentally friendly and provides excellent electrical insulation and mechanical protection from abrasion.
- Highly flame-retardant, it is an excellent candidate for applications in appliances, motor vehicles, commercial electronics, and consumer electronics given the increased focus on consumer safety.
- Environmentally friendly. Emits minimal amounts of toxic or acidic gasses when burned, making it appropriate for use in enclosed areas.
- Electrically insulates and mechanically protects components and other electrical connections and terminations.
- Low shrink temperature permits quick installation and reduces the risk of damage to temperature-sensitive components. The X2 thin wall version shrinks quickly, and the X4 very thin wall version can shrink more than twice as fast as the X2.
- With sizes from 0.8 to 30mm and two different wall thicknesses, this very flexible tubing Is suitable for use in a range of applications.
- Household appliances
- Commercial electronics & communications
- Consumer products
- Industrial equipment
- Mass transit systems
- Building equipment
Environmentally friendly formula is essentially free of halogens, permitting use in enclosed areas where emission of toxic gasses from burning materials containing halogens is undesirable.