Universal MATE-N-LOK cap and plug housings, as well as headers, are now available in material meeting the Glow Wire test (GWT) requirement according to IEC 60335-1 5th edition (750°C, without flame), plus the requirements of UL 94 V-0. Based on the well-established 6.35mm (0.25”) centerline pitch, the new housings are compatible with standard Universal MATE-N-LOK pins and sockets. Given that they meet both the GWT and V-0 requirements, the new housings and headers are targeted for use by manufacturers of appliances and other goods for the European and American markets.
The housings are offered with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 positions in a single row configuration. Additionally, there are two row, 6 position models, three row, 9 position models and four row, 12 position models. All are natural color, PA 66 material. The caps are designed for panel mounting, but can also be used in free-hanging applications. The headers are offered with either pins or sockets. Single row models with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 positions are offered in vertical and right angle versions. Double row 6 position and triple row 9 position models are offered as vertical headers.
- Familiar locking latch
- Pins and sockets can be intermixed in the same housing
- Positive polarization & rear cavity identification
- For wire-to-wire, wire-to-panel, and wire-to-board application
- Insulation capability to .200 (5.08) diameter
- Compatible with standard MATE-N-LOK contacts for 30-10 AWG (.05-5.0 mm2) wire sizes
- May be upgraded to splash proof (IP57) system by using optional seals and contacts.
- Compliant with Glow Wire test required by IEC/EN 60335-1 5th edition: Household and Similar Appliances-Safety and UL 94 V-0.
Standards and Applications
- IEC/EN 60335-1 5th edition: Household and Similar Appliances - Safety
- UL 94 V-0
- UL Recognized, file E28476
- CSA Certified, file LR7189
- VDE tested (except headers)
- Household Appliances
- HVAC Equipment
- Industrial machinery
- Other products requiring compliance to IEC 60335-1 and UL 94 V-0
Flyer provides an overview of housings and headers in the Universal MATE-N-LOK connector product line meeting both the Glow Wire test per IEC/EN 60335-1 5th edition: Household and Similar Appliances-Safety and UL 94 V-0.