Next Generation Form Factor is Here
The M.2 Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) product line is a natural transition from the mini card and half-mini card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume. WiFi, Bluetooth, global navigation satellite systems, near field communication, hybrid digital radio, Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), wireless Wide Area Network, and solid-state storage devices. It also adds functionality to PCIe Gen 3, SATA 3, SATA I/O, and USB 3.0. The new, smaller form factor is suitable for applications in new thin platforms.
- 0.5mm pitch with 67 positions
- Designed for both single- and double-sided modules
- Available in various keying options for module cards
- Support PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, and SATA 3.0
- Choice in height, position, design, and keying option
- Available in various heights
- Ultraportable devices
- Portable gaming devices
- Devices that require SSDs
- Portable mobile devices
As the market shifts toward slimmer solutions, we see M.2 (NGFF) products as the natural transition from the PCI express mini card to a smaller, standardized form factor.
- Jaren May,
- Product Manager, Consumer Devices
M.2 NGFF product line is a natural transition from the mini card and half mini card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume.
Title: M.2 NGFF
Summary: The M.2 (Next Generation Form Factor) product line is a natural transition from the Mini Card and Half Mini Card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume.
Headline: M.2 | Next Generation Form Factor
Subhead: TE presents the natural transition from the PCI express mini card to a smaller standardized form factor.
- Save More than 20% PCB Real Estate
- Reduce Conductor Height by 15% Midplane (Offset) Mount
- Various Heights Standard Top Mount > Midplane (Offset) Mount
- Higher Data Rates > Supports
- M.2 | Next Generation Form Factor > M.2 NGFF > Application
- Ultrabook > Tablet > SSD > Smart TV … The List Goes On and On
The M2 NGFF is miniature in size, but big in possibilities.