Superior performance in terminating wire or irregular shaped conductors.
Our SOLISTRAND products are designed for reliable performance in harsh environments. SOLISTRAND terminals and splices are specifically engineered to ensure reliable and long lasting performance in the most punishing environments. SOLISTRAND is corrosion resistant, vibration resistant, and features a tensile strength well within the limits of commercial and military specifications. Our SOLISTRAND portfolio includes ring terminals, flag terminals, spade terminals, hook terminals, and flanged tongue terminals, as well as parallel splices and butt splices. We also offer associated SOLISTRAND crimping tools designed for consistent and uniform terminations, making quality control easy and performance reliable.
SOLISTRAND Terminals and Splices
- Uninsulated, tin plating
- Wire range: 26 AWG (0.1 mm2) - 600 MCM
- Operating Voltage: designed to handle voltage rating for assigned wire
- Temperature rated up to 170°C
- UL Listed, CSA certified
- Many SOLISTRAND terminals meet or exceed SAE AS7928, Type I, Class 1 and 2 requirements
- Corrosion and vibration resistant, superior tensile strength
- Brazed seam for uniform metal strength around the entire barrel area assuring withstanding harsh industrial environments. Brazed seam also prevents pinched wires
- “W” crimp provides excellent electrical performance and higher tensile strength
- Dimples or serrations inside the wire barrel provide optimum tensile strength and maximum electrical contact area after crimping
- Bell mouth on barrel entrance makes insertion of wires easier
The guide is focused on solderless closed barrel termination. It gives practical guidelines through simple and clear illustrations that help the user in achieving a properly crimped terminal or splice every time. The guide illustrates the dos and don’ts of crimping and highlight the advantages of using matched cable, terminal and tooling from the extensive TE Connectivity product range.
There are few things in the world of electrical assembly that appear more straightforward than crimping wires to terminals. A crimping tool compresses the wire barrel tightly around the strands of the stripped wire, forming one homogeneous metal. Its simplicity is why the solder-less terminal remains one of the most popular connectors on the market for more than seventy years. Download this white paper to learn more.