Efficiency in termination
PLASTI-GRIP Terminals are pre-insulated RBY terminals and splices specifically designed to answer the need for inexpensive insulated electrical terminations.
- PVC insulation, tin plating
- Wire range: 26 AWG – 2/0AWG (0.12 – 76 mm2)
- Operating Voltage: 600V
- Temperature Rating: 105°C max.
- UL listed, CSA certified
- Well accepted in all markets
- Easy installation with TE tooling, crimp-performance guaranteed
- Insulation provides good dielectric strength and supports the wire insulation so that no bare wire is exposed
- Funneled wire entry on terminal prevents turned back wire strands and permits rapid wire insertion during high speed production
- Serrations in the crimp barrel provide maximum contact and tensile strength after crimping
- “C” crimp specially designed by TE for a long-lasting crimp
Efficient termination. PLASTI-GRIP terminals and splices consist of a high conductivity copper body and color coded PVC insulation that can be used in almost all commercial applications. The wire and terminal barrel provide a connection of maximum conductivity, tensile strength, and high resistance to corrosion.
Application tooling has been developed to ensure uniform high quality terminations. Tool and terminal have been designed together to promote ease and speed of application while providing precise crimping pressure for every wire size. PLASTI-GRIP is available in ring, spade, flanged, spaded, and slotted tongue terminals, as well as parallel and butt splices.
- Instruments / controls
- Power supplies
- Panel boxes
The guide is focused on solderless closed barrel termination. It gives practical guidelines through simple and clear illustrations that help the user in achieving a properly crimped terminal or splice every time. The guide illustrates the dos and don’ts of crimping and highlight the advantages of using matched cable, terminal and tooling from the extensive TE Connectivity product range.
There are few things in the world of electrical assembly that appear more straightforward than crimping wires to terminals. A crimping tool compresses the wire barrel tightly around the strands of the stripped wire, forming one homogeneous metal. Its simplicity is why the solder-less terminal remains one of the most popular connectors on the market for more than seventy years. Download this white paper to learn more.