TE Connectivity’s (TE) new fine aluminum (Al) magnet wire splice accommodates 0.14 to 0.32mm dia (35 to 28 AWG) wires. This addresses the needs of a growing number of motor and solenoid manufacturers who are switching to fine (<0.32mm) Al magnet wires to reduce product cost and weight. Prior to introduction of this splice, traditional soldering/welding processes were still being used for terminations of these wires, as existing AMPLIVAR splices could only accommodate Al wires larger than 0.32mm. This new open barrel, pigtail splice fills the gap at the lower end of the AMPLIVAR splice size range. It can accommodate up to three fine Al magnet wires plus a copper stranded lead wire (400 to 1500 CMA total). By converting to this new splice applied with an APT-5A terminating machine, customers using fine Al magnet wire can eliminate traditional soldering/welding, reducing labor and improving efficiency with our IDC crimp technology.
- Accommodates up to three fine Al magnet wires plus a copper stranded lead wire (400 to 1500 CMA total) in a single splice for efficient connectivity.
- Improves production efficiency with IDC compression crimp feature that does not require pre-stripping of magnet wires. It penetrates the magnet wire insulation while simultaneously terminating wire.
- Helps reduce applied cost and increase connection reliability by eliminating possible errors such as cold solder joints, weld burns and wire embrittlement that might occur during soldering/welding.
- Enables higher production rates with precision formed and strip-fed splices applied with APT-5A terminating machine.
- Provides a mechanically strong, superior electrical connection free of contaminants such as stripper residue and solder flux.
- Washing machine motors
- Fan motors
- Step motors
- Food processors
- Can openers
- Hair dryers
- Hair clippers / trimmers
- Other small motors