Low Profile Connector Excels in Tight Spaces
Low profile micro MATE-N-LOK connectors have a vertical height of less than 4.7mm – about 45% lower than other members of the product family. These soft-shell connectors include right-angle surface-mount headers and mating cable connectors. The line uses standard micro MATE-N-LOK contacts, with 24-20 and 30-26 AWG wire ranges. The connector features positive latching to prevent unmating. The 94V-0-rated nylon housing is available in black or natural colors. Contacts are phosphor bronze with a choice of tin or gold plating. The connectors are rated up to 5A and 250V.
- 2, 3, and 4 positions available
- Black and natural colors available
- Less than 4.7mm in vertical height required
- Polarized housings help prevent connector mismating
- Positive latching to prevent unmating
- Right angle surface mount headers with surface mount hold-downs
- Utilizes standard Micro MATE-N-LOK contacts
|Current Rating||5.0 A max. on 20 AWG wire|
|Contact Resistance||20 milliohms max. final|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage||1500 VAC|
|Insulation Resistance||1000 megohms min.|
||-40°C to +105°C|
|Mating Force||1.5lb. [6.67N] max. per contact|
Micro MATE-N-LOK Connector
The Micro MATE-N-LOK 3mm Connector System is a wire-to-wire and wire-to-board connector system with contacts on a 3mm [.118] centerline. Both single row and double row configurations are available. Plug and receptacle housings allow wire-to-wire and wire-to-panel configurations.
Header assemblies for wire-to-board application include vertical and right-angle components. These IR reflow, process-compatible headers are available in through-hole and surface mount configurations.
Typical uses of the Micro MATE-N-LOK 3mm Connector System include the appliance, instrumentation, industrial machinery, home equipment, and security system industries.
When designing the new strain relief covers, we focused on maximizing their flexibility....We achieved that flexibility by designing them to work with wire-to-wire (free-hanging) and wire-to-board cable assemblies.
- Christopher Rowland,
- Global Product Manager, TE
3mm Low Profile Micro MATE-N-LOK Connectors
- LED lighting applications
- Consumer lighting - shelf/cabinet, under counter, cove lighting
- Commercial lighting - signage, refrigeration, display cases