Designed for Flexibility and Durability
Our family of FFC connectors includes a variety of high density cable-to-board and cable-to-cable connectors designed for automated assembly. The family is composed of wire-to-board products on .100 in [2.54 mm] and 0.050 in [1.27mm] centerlines and wire-to-wire products on 0.100 in [2.54 mm] centerlines. Receptacle housings not only mate with the pin housings, but also with an array of printed circuit board (PCB) headers from other TE product families, including AMPMODU and AMP-LATCH connectors. The FFC family also includes the higher performance FLEXPAC connector system, the specialized TRIOMATE connector system and a ZIF (zero insertion force) connector family.
- Cable stripping and plating eliminated
- High speed sequential application of multiple-crimp contacts
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc., File No. E28476
- CSA Report No. LR 7189A-91
- Single and double row housings: plain and latch
- Pin, receptacle, card edge, and solder tab contact options
- Capability of intermixing FFC cable and round wire contacts
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are you looking for a crimp termination solution or a direct cable mating solution?
A: TE's FCC Products can accommodate both termination styles. Our standard FFC and FLEXPAC offerings can accommodate crimp termination, while our TRIO-MATE and ZIF offerings can accommodate direct cable mating.
Q: What type of cable are you hoping to terminate?
A: TE’ s FFC offering, along with its sister product, FPC, can solve your cable termination needs.
Not only does this quick reference guide cover FFC connectors, but also includes information for FLEXPAC, TRIO-MATE and a ZIF (zero insertion force) connector family.
- Membrane switches
- Industrial Controls
- Test Equipment
- 3D printers, inkjet, and laser printers
- PCs / Laptops
- Disk drives
- Data systems
- Medical devices