Flat flexible cable solutions designed for flexibility and durability
Our portfolio of flat flexible cable (FFC) connectors includes a variety of high density cable-to-board and cable-to-cable connectors designed for automated assembly. Our portfolio includes wire-to-board products on .100 in [2.54 mm] and 0.050 in [1.27mm] centerlines and wire-to-wire products on 0.100 in [2.54 mm] centerlines. Receptacle housings not only mate with the pin housings, but also with an array of printed circuit board (PCB) headers from other TE product families, including AMPMODU and AMP-LATCH connectors. Our FFC products includes the higher performance FLEXPAC connector system, the specialized TRIOMATE connector system, and a ZIF (zero insertion force) connector family.
- Cable stripping and plating eliminated
- High speed sequential application of multiple-crimp contacts
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc., File No. E28476
- CSA Report No. LR 7189A-91
- Single and double row housings: plain and latch
- Pin, receptacle, card edge, and solder tab contact options
- Capability of intermixing FFC cable and round wire contacts
Not only does this quick reference guide cover FFC connectors, but also includes information for FLEXPAC, TRIO-MATE and a ZIF (zero insertion force) connector family.
- Membrane switches
- Industrial Controls
- Test Equipment
- 3D printers, inkjet, and laser printers
- PCs / Laptops
- Disk drives
- Data systems
- Medical devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are you looking for a crimp termination solution or a direct cable mating solution?
A: TE's FCC Products can accommodate both termination styles. Our standard FFC and FLEXPAC offerings can accommodate crimp termination, while our TRIO-MATE and ZIF offerings can accommodate direct cable mating.
Q: What type of cable are you hoping to terminate?
A: TE’ s FFC offering, along with its sister product, FPC, can solve your cable termination needs.