TE Connectivity's HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY cellular antenna solutions for mobile data transmission and telephony are developed customer-specific for the automotive and commercial vehicle industry.
TE Connectivity provides cellular antenna solutions for a variety of mobile communication applications. Supporting global cellular standards such as GSM, UMTS or LTE, our HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY cellular communication antennas can be used in automobiles, consumer devices, commmunication equipment, commercial vehicles, public tansportation and industrial applications. The latest standard 5G is currently in development at TE.
- Passive antenna structures to support multiple bands
- Backwards compatibility
- Well-defined RF interface to connect to state-of-the-art modems
- Low-profile, adhesive or magnetic installation
- Integrated or external solutions
- WLAN and Bluetooth available, customer-specific adaptations possible
- Can be combined with other services (multi-functional antennas)
Automotive & Commercial Vehicle Applications
TE develops customer-specific cellular communication antennas for the automotive and commercial vehicle industry as well as for M2M markets. Major carmakers rely on TE to provide the cellular antennas for their connected car solution.The antennas are also available as standard aftermarket products for vehicles and other mobile and stationary objects. For voice and data transmission, our antennas cover the full frequency ranges of GSM, UMTS and LTE. By investing in new test equipment TE is also well prepared for the upcoming 5G standard. Beyond that we can offer cellular antennas also in combination with other services as e.g. GNSS, WLAN, Bluetooth etc. in one design.
For use in vehicles, we offer variable designs for different interior and exterior installation spaces in dry or moisture-prone areas: short rod antennas, shark fin antennas, film antennas, integrated antenna systems with flexible connection geometry (unconnected cable end or direct connector).
Communication Equipment & Consumer Devices
TE offers a broad selection of standard antennas and an impressive capability for custom antenna solutions; we work closely with customers to achieve successful integration solutions. Our LDS antennas and MetaSpan technology can save valuable space in your application by integrating high frequency, mechanical and electrical functionality into one component. Whether you work on communications equipment or consumer devices, IoT or machine-to-machine (M2M) applications, or applications in the connected home space – our antenna specialists can work with you to develop the right antenna solution for your design.
Public Transportation & Industrial Applications
The TE public transportation antennas are specifically designed to serve the needs for installations on trains, tram metros buses and heavy trucks. The TE Connectivity offering contains a wide range of products from the communications and positioning antenna on the rooftop to the low profile WiFi antennas in the vehicle. The adjacent range of semi stationary and stationary antennas are complementing the series with M2M and WiFi antennas.
Customer-Specific Cellular Antennas
We develop numerous customer-specific antenna systems for mobile communication in the automotive industry, the commercial vehicle and logistics sector, and M2M applications.
- Applications: telephony, data communication, data exchange
- Services/frequency ranges: frequency ranges of LTE low band to LTE high band (GSM, UMTS, LTE)
- Installation spaces: variable designs for different interior and exterior installation spaces (dry and moisture-prone areas)
- Designs: large portfolio of short rod antennas, shark fin antennas, film antennas, integrated antennas with flexible connection geometry (unconnected cable end or direct connector) for integration in different installation spaces