Thermopile Infrared (IR) Sensors
Thermopiles are designed to measure temperature from a distance by detecting an object's infrared (IR) energy. The higher the temperature, the more IR energy is emitted. The thermopile sensing element, composed of small thermocouples on a silicon chip, absorb the energy and produce an output signal. A reference sensor is designed into the package as a reference for compensation. Thermopile infrared (IR) non-contact temperature measurement sensors are available with various lens, and filters allowing use in multiple applications, from industrial pyrometers, to climate controls and medical devices. TE Connectivity's (TE) thermopile infrared sensors provide reliable non-contact temperature measurement solutions.
- Contactless temperature measurement used in various applications – from across the auto, aerospace, and industrial sectors to designing IoT smart home, appliances, and medical devices.
- Digital and analog output signals available including SPI, I2C, and RS-232
- Single Pixel, Multi Pixel, and Industrial configurations available
- Flat window and Silicon lens optics options
- Various sensor packages are available including hermetically sealed housings, stainless steel packaged housings, and integral circuit boards and connectors.