We manufacture standard and custom speed sensors for automotive, commercial vehicles, railway, power generation, industrial and aerospace applications and are suited for harsh environments. Our speed sensors are designed to withstand EMI and EMC disturbances.
Capabilities for TE's Speed Sensor Portfolio
- Six technology platforms: speed sensors based on active eddy current, passive eddy current, hall effect or variable reluctance principles together with tachometers and diagnostic systems.
- Standard or customized executions for: automotive and commercial vehicle turbochargers, large diesel & gas engines, railway, power generation, hydraulics, hazardous locations, aerospace, and various industrial applications
- Designs for a broad temperature range: -40°C – 300°C peak
- Multiple channels available in one housing, e.g. for separate monitoring, control systems and redundancy
- Robust electrical design to withstand EMC and EMI disturbances
- Configurable, intelligent electronics with temperature and sensor diagnostics
- Designs suitable for ferromagnetic targets as well as low conductive targets such as aluminum and titanium
- Customizable housings in metal and over-molded thermoset and thermoplastic materials
- Customizable cable assembly and connector type
Sensors: Automotive, Industrial & Commercial Vehicles
TE offers a diverse sensor technology portfolio, combined with deep application expertise gained from extensive experience of delivering quantifiable value across a wide range of demanding passenger and commercial vehicle applications