Magnetic Sensors with magneto resistive technology
Anisotropic Magneto-Resistive (AMR) sensors are precise and contact-less devices that measure the changes in the angle of a magnetic field as seen by the sensor. TE Connectivity's (TE) magnetic position sensors offer robust non-contact position measurements in harsh environments. For example, the unique features of the AMR effect allow the detection of tiny disturbances in the earth's magnetic field created by cars in traffic detection sensors, as well as the measurement of sub-micrometer displacements in precision linear encoders. The AMR sensor technology is also successfully used for presence detection, such as the end-point detection in pneumatic cylinders.
Anisotropic Magneto-Resistive (AMR) sensors provide accurate and reliable data – without physical contact. They feature excellent repeatability, fast response time, and a high switching frequency.
Capabilities for TE's Magnetic Sensor Portfolio
- Excellent repeatability
- Fast response time
- High switching frequency
- Robust, low cost, rotary and linear encoders
- Patented temperature independent switching field
- Dependence on the magnetic field direction, almost independently on the actual magnetic field strength, mimimizing temperature and aging effects
- Ideal for harsh environments due to precise measurements with homogenous magnetic stray fields
- Pole pitches of 1, 2, 2.5 and 5mm available; different pole pitches on request
Learn about magnetoresistive sensor technology, the features and benefits of the KMXP series, and the various applications and industries in which the sensor can be used.