FLUID PROPERTY SENSORS
TE Connectivity (TE) offers distinct fluid property sensor technologies to measure fluids. Our tuning fork technology is coupled with efficient software algorithms for accurate measurement of viscosity, density and dielectric constant. Dedicated applications for our DEF sensors include oils (engine, hydraulic, transmission), fluid monitoring, and others. Our urea quality SCR sensors, based on Ultrasonic Technology (UST), perform an analysis of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) fluid to provide urea concentration and secure mis-filling protection to the Selective Catalytic Reduction systems. Our highly reliable reed switch technology is combined with temperature measurement for level sensing.
Key Capabilities of TE's Fluid Property Sensors
- Customizable sensors to measure numerous properties from a single device
- Combined level sensor, temperature sensor, filter, DEF draw and return heater; collar, Bayonet or SAE locking ring header
- Available in a range of sizes
- High reliability
- DEF feed and return connections can be incorporated into the header
- Reed switch technology
- Various configurations with integrated quality sensor
TE's Marcus Schulte describes how we work with our customers to help limit vehicle emissions. One example is a sensor we created to measure the quality and concentration of urea in systems that reduce the amount of greenhouse gases created by diesel engines.