Fluid Property Sensors
TE Connectivity (TE) offers distinct technologies to measure fluids. Our tuning fork technology is coupled with efficient software algorithms for accurate measurement of viscosity, density and dielectric constant. Dedicated applications include oils (engine, hydraulic, transmission), fuels, fluid monitoring, and others. Our urea quality sensors, based on Near Infra-Red (NIR) technology or ultrasonic measurement perform an analysis of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) fluid to provide urea concentration and secure mis-filling protection to the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems. Our highly reliable reed switch technology is combined with temperature measurement for level sensing. Our new water-in-oil measurement sensor supplements the existing fluid quality range of products.
- Customizable sensors to measure numerous properties from a single device
- Combined level sensor, temperature sensor, filter, DEF draw and return heater; collar, bayonet or SAE locking ring header
- Available in a range of sizes
- High reliability
- DEF feed and return connections can be incorporated into the header
- Reed switch technology
- Various configurations with integrated quality sensor
TE's Marcus Schulte describes how we work with our customers to help limit vehicle emissions. One example is a sensor we created to measure the quality and concentration of urea in systems that reduce the amount of greenhouse gases created by diesel engines.