EVC 250 Contactor
Safe contactors for brighter future mobility. Our EVC 250 main contactor is designed for use in hybrid, full-electric and fuel-cell vehicles, and on-board charging systems. Not only does the EVC 250 work without pressurized contact chambers, but it also features larger contact gaps, optimized switching dynamics, high-performance arc suppressing magnets and other measures to effectively control the switching arc.
The EVC 250 contactor features larger contact gaps and optimized switching dynamics. It features high-performance arc suppressing magnets to effectively control the switching arc. The contactor achieves continuous current ratings of 250A, which ensures a safe short-circuit carry capability of 6,000A and complies with switching requirements in hybrid and electric vehicles. Service replacement due to pressure loss or gas leaking is no longer necessary.
- Hybrid vehicles
- Full battery electric vehicles, fuel-cell cars and
- DC battery charging systems
Overview video featuring our next generation of contactors. TE's EVC 250 is a compact, high-voltage contactor used in hybrid, full-electric and fuel cell vehicles, on-board charging systems and works without pressurized contact chambers.
The requirements for the main contactor under normal operation conditions are summarized here:
- Connect and disconnect the battery
- Carry several hundred Amps with low power dissipation
- Ensure full galvanic isolation, when the vehicle is turned off
- The contactor must be able to switch off overcurrents of up to 2,000A
- The contactor must still be capable of separating the circuit after an overload
- The contacts must remain closed in case of overload (especially at short circuits), as long as the contactor is activated
Permitted Duration for Pulse Currents
|Pulsed current||Pulse duration [ms]
EVC 250 Switching Capability
|Load Current Direction||Current [A] on/off||Voltage [V] on/off||Switching cycles||Riso|
- Compact high voltage main contactor
- Voltage rating up to 450VDC
- Continuous current up to 250A at 85°C
- Short circuit carry currents up to 6,000A