TE Connectivity's (TE) modular SIMABUS and SIMAFLEX connector systems are revolutionizing substations by replacing multiple connector types with a single busbar connector that reduces lead time, eliminates waste and improves performance. Designed as a universal product to meet the needs of utilities customers worldwide, our connector systems use a modular approach to replace three other types of connectors – Classic, Sinemex and Anti-Corona – with a single product. These connectors can match any busbar height and interconnect specification. As part of our SIMEL product line, these connector systems are the result of more than 60 years of experience in high-voltage applications.
SIMABUS and SIMAFLEX connectors
- Modular approach: match any busbar height and interconnect specification.
- Reduced lead time: cut typical delivery from 12 weeks to 6 weeks.
- Extended lifetime: die-cast components with precision-machined contact surfaces deliver long-life, high performance.
- Reduced carbon footprint: lower shipping volumes and reduced on-site waste cut environmental impact.
- Engineering support: TE experts match the right SIMABUS / SIMAFLEX product to your current or future technical specifications.
- Additional features: die-cast components, precision machined contact surfaces and streamlined packaging for reduced on site waste.
Laurent Royer, Global Engineering and HVCS Product Manager, describes how TE's SIMABUS connectors will allow utilities to meet today’s growing demands for energy without building larger substations.
The transmission grids are getting mature, especially in the industrialized countries. In addition to the aging of the infrastructure, utilities must take into consideration several future challenges which are economic and technical.
Number 1: its increase of the transfer capacity into the substation which is in connection with an increase of the capacity within the transmission corridors, and finally linked with the increase of the demand of energy.
Number 2: the extended lifetime of the switchyard, and consequently, of the HV equipment.
Number 3: to improve the resilience of the transmission grid, in order to reduce the power outage periods.
I think that primarily when a customer is working with TE, he will be sure that he will get a product fit for his application. However, and beyond the product solution, I think also, the customer is going to get best-in-class service, like calculation, definition of the product, from the layout, as well as internal testing capabilities.
We are what we make, and this is for us, a key customer advantage.