Low Profile Flexible Printed Circuit
As the market trends towards miniaturization, FPC connectors have been developed to meet the challenges of this expanding market, which demands smaller centerline or pitch spacing, lower profile heights, and lighter interconnect solutions. TE's FPC solutions are reliable interconnects that use an actuator to secure the cable termination, and are field terminatable (require no tooling) and are available in centerline spacing of 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 1.0mm, and 1.25mm, and incorporate a low profile height and light-weight features.
- Can accommodate FPC/FFC cable
- Available in ZIF and non-ZIF styles
- Variety of centerline spacing options
- Available in SMT and T/H PCB termination
- Requires no tooling
- Available in right-angle and vertical mounting orientations
- Right-angle version available with top, bottom, or dual contact
- Solder pads and kinked legs for PCB retention
Our new FPC connectors enable the design flexibility our customers need. In addition, they allow for low profile height, space savings and reduced assembly time.
- Joseph Proffitt,
- Product Manager, TE Connectivity
- Flat flex printed cable
- LC displays
- Game consoles
- Inkjet, laser, and 3D printers
- Personal computers
- Mobile and smart phones
- GPS devices
- Set top boxes
- Disk drives
- Medical equipment
- 0.25mm pitch Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) Connector
- 0.3mm Pitch FPC Connector
- 0.5mm Pitch FPC Connector
- 1.0mm Pitch FPC Connector
- 1.25mm Pitch FPC Connector
All of our fine pitch FPC connectors incorporate a flip lock actuator for greater printed circuit retention. This termination method also allows for zero insertion force, which is why this product is commonly referred to as a ZIF connector. The operation of a flip-lock actuator can be seen in the images below.
Front Flip-Lock Actuator
Back Flip-Lock Actuator
Stuffer Actuator (Plunger Style)
What's the advantage of angled insertion?
Frequently Asked Questions
Standard & Fine Pitch
Q: What position sizes can TE Connectivity provide?
A: We offer odd number position sizes only, unless otherwise stated on the product drawing. We can also offer up to 71P in our 0.3mm series and up to 61P in our 0.25mm pitch series.
Q: What is the advantage of angled flexible printed circuit insertion?
A: Being able to insert and mate the FPC into the connector at an angle makes it possible to mount the FPC connector almost anywhere on your PCB as there is much less clearance needed in front of the connector during mating and unmating.