High Current. Innovative Design.
TE’s high density (HD)+ card edge connector delivers the highest current density of any card edge power connectors available in the market today. Capable of supporting power supplies up to 3000W, these connectors are designed to enable systems with increasing power requirements in next-generation data centers. HD+ card edge connectors extend the life of power supply units and are designed for next-generation server platforms following the general trend of server architecture.
High Density (HD)+ Card Edge Power Connectors
Features and Benefits
High Current Density
- 1.27mm signal contact pitch, 5.08mm power contact pitch
- Power contact current: 31A (average)
- Working voltage: 60V DC
Low Contact Resistance
- Unique dual layer design of DC power contacts and pass-through pins provides multiple mating/contact points to the PCB which helps ensure low contact resistance
- DC power contact: 1 mΩ max
- Provides lower temperature rising and lower power loss on the connector
Common PCB Footprint
- Compact and cost-effective design with common power and signal contact module
- Flexible configuration with different contact quantities and positions
- Better scalability (AC & DC, low power & high power)
- Excellent mechanical and electrical performance
- Easy mating/un-mating with proper retention force
- Mating force 80N max with nominal mating PCB
High Density (HD) Card Edge Connectors
The high density (HD) card edge connector provides high current at 24A per contact with low resistance and supports 1500-2000W power supply for data center equipment.