Tough & Dependable
Our heavy-duty DEUTSCH DTV connector series helps protect connections from dust, dirt, moisture, salt spray, and vibration. Used for cable-to-cable applications, these connectors feature 18 cavities that accept size 16 DEUTSCH contacts as well as receptacles with sealed mounting flanges that utilize secondary wedge locks. DEUTSCH DTV connectors are also available with protective end caps and boot accessories that optimize design flexibility.
- Accepts contact size 16 (13 amps)
- 14-20 AWG (2.50-0.50 mm2)
- 18 cavity arrangement
- Flange mount
- Rectangular, thermoplastic housing
- Integrated latch for mating
- Wedgelocks confirm contact alignment and retention
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Receptacle Interfacial Seal: Silicone rubber
- Shell: Thermoplastic
- Wedgelocks: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Temperature: Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
- Durability: No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
- Vibration: No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
- Physical Shock: No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory result during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
- Fluid Resistance: Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
- Insulation Resistance: 1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
- Moisture Resistance: Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Current leakage less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
- Thermal Cycle: No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C.
DEUTSCH DTV Series Dimensions
|Cavity||DTV Plug||DTV Receptacle|
|Overall Length A||Overall Height B||Overall Width C||Overall Length D||Overall Height E||Overall Width F|
|18||1.405 (35.69)||1.059 (26.90)||1.450 (36.83)||2.495 (63.37)||1.786 (45.36)||3.194 (81.12)|