AMPOWER Terminals and Splices
Terminals and Splices are ideally suited for power generation and distribution in Rail, Mass Transit, Power Transmission and Military markets.
TE Connectivity provides a high quality solution that is designed specifically for large cables and leads to deliver maximum conductivity, excellent mechanical strength and electrical performance. With our compression crimping, TE offers a reliable technology that is completely mechanical and controllable from first to last crimp, eliminating variables common to other crimping methods, such as melting temperatures, flux composition, entrapped gases or oxidation.
AMPOWER family facts
- Designed for large cables and leads
- Ideally suited for power generation and distribution
- Accepts a wide range of stranded copper wires (6 AWG to 1000 MCM (13-507 mm2) - for terminals and up to 1500 MCM (760 mm2) for splices
- Available in a variety of terminal and splice styles
- High-quality, seamless tubular copper for maximum conductivity
- Listed by Underwriters Laboraties, Inc. File no. E12388, Spec. 486
- Certified by the Canadian Standards Association File No. LR7189
Available product series
- Versatility: Stranded wires when crimped, become almost a homogeneous mass with the AMPOWER terminal or splice barrel
- Strength: AMPOWER terminals have formidable strength and resistance to vibration suitable for their intended use
- Economy: An important part of all AMPOWER products is low installed cost.
- Conductivity, corrosion resistance and temperature rise
- Positive inspection: AMPOWER terminals and splices are supplied with inspection slots in the barrel
- Broad wire size rang: Covering wire sizes from 6 AWG to 1000 MCM (13 to 507 mm2) - for terminals and up to 1500 (760mm2) for splices
For further Application and product specifications please download this product brochure.
- Mass transit
- Power transmission