The DEUTSCH AS Hermetic series connector is designed for applications where sealing integrity is required, such as fuel and pressurized systems. With the aluminum hermetic range, the DEUTSCH AS Hermetic series connectors enable weight reduction by 60% in a safety critical environment and allow race teams to refine weight distribution which is critical for success to find that last 10th of a second in lap time. The Hermetic ranges include AS Micro Hermetic series, AS Micro Hermetic Jam-nut series, the AS Hermetic Fuel Tank series, and the Aluminum Hermetic Fuel Tank series.
- Selection of contact arrangements to accommodate pumps and sensors
- Aluminum shell and nut
- Fuel immersible specification o-ring for enhanced fluid resistance
- Integral potting cup, rear accessory thread and external boot termination feature
- Glass seal can withstand pressure differentials of 1000psi without loss of electrical performance or fluid leakage
- 60% weight reduction in comparison with DEUTSCH standard stainless steel connector
- Designed for fuel cell walls
Hermetic connectors are designed to help prevent ingress of air, gases, and other liquids from entering the vacuum-sealed connector in extremely harsh environments. They can withstand high pressures of 10,000 psi or more, which helps ensure a stable pressure differential on both sides of the assembly. Most hermetic connectors are glass sealed as the glass creates a rigid form that the metal shell can compress against; this compression creates the hermetic seal. The glass supports and is bonded to the contacts. They are also made of durable materials such as stainless steel, glass, and Nickel iron. These connectors must withstand extreme temperature variations, ranging from -100°C to 200°C. They must also be able to resist damaging vibration. Hermetic connectors are most commonly used in military, offshore, commercial, and industrial operations.
DEUTSCH AS Hermetic Series Connectors
TE Connectivity (TE)'s dedicated autosport team has developed a new technique to manufacture the safety critical hermetic fuel tank connectors in aluminum, offering a weight savings of 60% on the standard DEUTSCH stainless steel version.
This cutting edge manufacturing allows race teams to refine weight distribution which is critical for success to find that last 10th of a second in lap time.
- Operating temperatures: -55°C to +175°C
- Durability: 500 mating cycles
- Shell and Nut: aluminum
- Insert: glass / elastomer
- Seals: fluorosilicone elastomer
- Contacts: copper berylium
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 1500V
- Contacts Current Rating (Max.): 13Amps
- Insulation Resistance > 5000Mohms