High density solutions that meet extreme subsea pressures
Extensive product range covering many configurations to help meet the most demanding data, medium power and optical signal performance requirements. Ethernet and fiber optics perform at pressures up to 10kpsi. Offered in a variety of connector materials to help meet your corrosion, weight and design life requirements.
As organizations in the subsea industry develop more applications with fiber optic technology in mind, there has been a dramatic increase in the quantity and complexity of electro-optic connector configurations needed to fit these applications. In order to meet the changing requirements of customers, TE has developed a comprehensive and extensive range of fiber optic products which are designed and manufactured to meet the specific and varied environmental conditions imposed on connectors today. With years of experience in underwater optical connectivity, TE can offer SEACON optical dry-mate, wet-mate, underwater mateable connectors, optical penetrators and optical fiber management systems.
Optical Hybrid Dry-Mate Connectors
- Singlemode & multimode
- Insertion loss < 1.0dB (or < 0.5dB)
- Up to 20,000 psig (approx. 45,000ft/13,700m)
- Glass sealed options available in some connector styles and types
- Typical uses: Sonar & surveillance systems, Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)'s/ Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)'s, Blowout Preventer (BOP) monitoring equipment, neutrino detection, stress monitoring, subsea camera systems & downhole applications
Optical MINI-CON Connector
The MINI-CON connector series was the first of SEACON connector line to be adapted to fiber optic and hybrid electro/optic applications more than 25 years ago. In the intervening time, we have created many different configurations using nearly all of the MINI-CON connector sizes. We can provide multimode and singlemode products with and without electrical contacts in the mix.
Furthermore we are able to adapt to many cable designs used for interconnects and umbilical's. When considering an optical application, we encourage you to contact TE Marine, Oil & Gas (MOG) so we can help provide you with the best solution for your requirements.
Optical MINI-CON Connector
- Type 316 stainless steel
- 8 shell sizes
- Up to 24 optics
- Many versions with optics and electricals
- <1.0dB insertion loss standard but typically <0.5dB
- 600 volt standard ratings (contact us for higher voltage applications)
- Pressure ratings dependent on cable and application
- Different material options are available – please contact us
- Glass to metal inserts
- Unibody optical connectors with optical positions machined directly into the shell
- Pressure Balanced Oil Filled (PBOF)
- Cable to connector terminations
With an increase in the use of fiber optics throughout the subsea industry, TE is pleased to present its SEACON standard, dry-mate, fiber optic hybrid connector range.
The OPTI-CON connector series is a design that allows the customer to choose a combination of optical and electrical configurations to suit their particular needs.This connector range is manufactured from 316L stainless steel as standard, but other materials are available upon request.
- 5 Shell sizes
- Up to 20 contacts in electrical or optical configuration; singlemode or multimode
- Up to 7,500 psig (approx.16,900ft/5,200m) dependent on cable, shell material & configuration
- 600 VDC
- 4 amps
- Oil filled hose as standard with molded unit as a cost option
- Stainless steel
- Typical uses: Cameras, monitoring equipment, sonars, towed arrays and any applications requiring high data transfer rates
Optical Military Connector
TE manufactures a comprehensive range of SEACON military hybrid fiber optic connectors for use in harsh environments. Available in a variety of materials including 316 stainless steel, monel and titanium and in a number of shell sizes and contact configurations with singlemode or multimode cable, these connectors have a mated pressure rating of up to 10,000 psig. For further information please view our range of military products, which include glass to metal sealed connectors, single and multipin electrical feed thru connectors and rubber and specialized molded cable assemblies.
Optical Military Connectors
- Up to 10,000 psig (approx. 22,500ft/7,000m)
- Contact TE for voltage details
- Contact TE for current details
- Stainless steel, monel, titanium
- Typical uses: Sonar & surveillance systems, Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)'s/ Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)'s, Blowout Preventer (BOP) monitoring equipment, neutrino detection, stress monitoring, subsea camera systems & downhole applications