Field installable M8/M12 Ethernet for reliable communication
Our M8 connector system and M12 connector system provide a full solution that includes connectors, IO modules, and cable assemblies. Decrease installation and tooling costs with TE's field installable connectors.
M8 Connectors and M12 Connectors
- X-coded connectors support higher bandwidth needs of up to 10 Gb/s
- A,B,D,X,S,T coding available
- Easily installable connector system
- Environment protection IP67 and IP68
- Connector ranges include male and female connectors in 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 12 positions and Y Connectors
- All connectors also available with silver plated contacts for higher conductivity
- Alternative mount arrangements for solder cup or PCB
- Panel Mount and distribution version available
- Shield reliable
- Quick and secure connection
- Backwards compatible
TE Connectivity’s M8/M12 Connector System for machine industrial automation and control applications provides a solution that safely and reliably ensures the communication in industrial environments. Our product expert Tom Wess explains the key benefits.
The M8 connector is used specifically with industrial sensors and features a waterproof 3-pin screw. These connectors come pre-assembled and remain watertight even if submerged. These heavy-duty connectors are typically used in harsh environments. A major advantage of using the M8 connector, as well as the M12 connector, is the time saved in installing wiring systems and maintaining it. This reduces setup time and the need for electricians or technicians. Our M8 connector system provides a full solution that includes connectors, IO modules, and cable assemblies. Common applications for the M8 connector include actuators, PLCs, I/O boxes, sensors, and switches in food and beverage processing, machine building, rubber and plastics, textile and printing presses, and in HVAC system valves.
M8 B Code 5pin Connector and Cable Assembly
The M8 B Code 5pin Connector and Cable Assembly follow the IP65 standard for design. It features a smart design with a low cost. Its snap-fit design allows for an easier installation and reduced installation time. It is both more reliable and durable, featuring an extended temperature range that enables the assembly to be used in harsh environments.
The M12 connector is a circular connector with a 12-mm locking thread that is used primarily in factory automation applications for actuators, sensors, industrial ethernet, and Fieldbus. M12 connectors are designed for washdown and corrosive environments. They are available with 3, 4, 5, 8, and 12 pins. Users must select the correct pin count for specific applications. Sensors and power applications require 3 and 4 pins; PROFINET and ethernet require 4 and 8 pin counts; Fieldbus, CAN bus, and DeviceNet typically use 4 and 5 pin counts; and 12 pins are used for signal requirements. Our M12 connector system provides a full solution that includes connectors, IO modules, and cable assemblies. M12 connectors are found in many applications, including agriculture, alternative energy, communications, factory automation, measurement and control, robotics, and transportation.
- Reduce downtime in harsh environments with reliable industry standard solution that includes quick turn, prototype cable assemblies
- Decrease installation and tooling costs with error-free field installable connectors
- Can extend the life of your equipment with M8/M12 connectors that are reliable in a wide variety of applications and harsh environments
- Supports higher bandwidth needs – meeting the requirements of up to 10 Gb/s
- Full solution offering including customized and general market cable assemblies enables 1-stopshopping and reduced TCO
We are here to help you.
Extend the life of your equipment with our M8/M12 connectors that are reliable in a wide variety of applications and harsh environments.
- Ruud van den Brink,
- Product Manager
Learn More about Our M8 and M12 connectors
High-speed communication. Our M8/M12 connector system for machine industrial automation and control applications allows the reliable communication in industrial environments. Our full range of IP65 and IP67 shielded and unshielded M8/M12 connectors and cable assemblies are easy to install, help decrease downtime, and increase production efficiency.
M8/M12 Connector System
- Industrial automation
- Automobile manufacturing
- Machine tools
- Factory automation machines
- Vision systems
- Food and beverage industry
Controls for next-generation industrial automation
Learn how we are helping customers design next-gen industrial automation systems, with a broad range of solutions for programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI), and I/O modules to increase productivity and safety across the factory floor.
Better Robotics for Industrial Automation
Enabling more automation in factories begins with operating robots engineered for high precision and durability under extreme conditions and heavy use. Learn about our solutions for reliably connecting and protecting the flow of power and data in high-output robots used in manufacturing environments.