Drive Performance with SAS Connectors
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) connectors are the mainstream enterprise storage application interconnects. These Small Form Factor (SFF) standard connectors are designed to support differential signaling and drive performance. Our SAS connectors are rated from 6 to 12 Gbps and meet requirements for the SAS-2 and SAS-3 protocols, as well as scalability to the SAS high-end server infrastructures with SAS-3 and U.2 connectors. Our SAS connector series offers flexibility to our customers in choosing the right class of storage devices to meet their application requirements. TE, an active member of the SCSI Trade Association, offers a wide range of serial attached SCSI (SAS) and mini-SAS connectors for enterprise storage, servers, and desktop PC applications.
- Point-to-point link with hot-plugging capability
- Supports dual porting capability, faster spindle speeds
- Transfer rate of up to 12Gbps
- Flexibility: product offering is available in different footprints including SMT, straddle mount and hybrid designs.
- Compatibility: SAS connectors comply to the SFF-8482, SFF-8680 and SFF-8639 specifications.
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD)/HDD carries
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Mainstream servers
- Enterprise storage systems
- External storage systems
- Processor blades and mezzanine cards