Satellite Communication Antennas
Our HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY brand provides satellite communication antennas for asset management and data communication in remote areas.
Satellite-based communication offers reliable communication – anywhere in the world. Primarily used in global asset management and data communication, satellite-based communication enables communication in areas where no connection to terrestrial mobile communication networks is available. TE Connectivity offers Iridium and ORBCOMM antenna and receiver systems that provide robust, compact connectivity, and can be easily integrated in existing systems. A wide range of different product and installation variants are available.
Capabilities of Satellite Communication Antennas
- Transmission and receiver antennas in small and compact sizes
- Communication connections virtually anywhere and any time
- No additional terrestrial infrastructure required
- Fast implementation of solutions for various satellite services
- Flexible use under a wide range of conditions
- High level of reliability
Certified, Powerful, Multi-Functional
The Iridium antennas, are powered by Iridium’s uniquely sophisticated global constellation of 66 cross-linked Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites. The Iridium network provides high-quality voice and data connections over the planet’s entire surface, including across oceans, airways and polar regions.
In particular, Iridium services are used in military, sea and air transport, emergency services, the transport and energy industry as well as by mining, oil and gas companies – in short: it is used by everyone who requires reliable communication without any delays in remote areas.
High-performance antennas that have been tailored to the frequency range of 1616 to 1626.5 MHz are required for optimum use of the Iridium service. With comprehensive HF expertise, we provide customized solutions that set standards, offer reliable network access, feature impressively low latency and provide the highest data quality.
- Frequency range: 1616-1626.5 MHz
- World's first Iridium three-band antenna
- All products are Iridium-certified
- Large portfolio of multi-functional solutions
- Compact modules
- Installation compatibility within product families
- High-quality and powerful – automotive quality standards
- Wide range of assembly options, simple installation
Powerful, Low-Profile, Rugged
Thanks to a satellite network in low-earth orbit (LEO) and the associated terrestrial infrastructure, ORBCOMM provides reliable two-way data communication between different devices – even in regions without any mobile telephone infrastructure – and ORBCOMM stations around the world. The ORBCOMM service is used mostly in the transport market, particularly for M2M applications: in heavy-load vehicles, trains, containers or tanks as well as in the areas of energy supply, oil production and sea transport.
In combination with GPS, mobile communication and local networks (WLAN), the ORBCOMM system provides highly flexible communication under virtually all conditions. Hirschmann supplies the suitable transmission and receiver systems for this challenging environment. Be it through a modular approach, which comprises the combination of different services in the current roof antenna series, "Flat Panel" technology for applications in which the installation height is decisive, or the film antenna concept for invisible integration, our antenna systems are sure to reliably meet your communication requirements.
- Multi-band antennas allowing excellent operation of services side-by-side
- Different variants available, various installations
- Minimal installation height combined with high performance
- Suitable solutions for all installation surfaces
- Robust modules
- Automotive quality standards
- Innovative ORBCOMM smart products
- Modular product families