Innovation for Smaller, Sleeker Consumer Devices
Our ultra low profile push-pull micro SIM connector is an advanced hardware solution designed to increase device efficiency while reducing end-product cost and size.
January 23, 2013
SHANGHAI, China – TE Connectivity (TE) today released its ultra low profile push-pull micro SIM connector, an advanced hardware solution designed to increase efficiency while reducing end-product cost and size. TE’s next generation offering saves an additional thirty-five percent of PCB (printed circuit board) space while decreasing dimensions, as well as provides greater versatility in device sizing and application, as compared to push-pull mini SIM connectors.
“The ultra low profile push-pull micro SIM connector was born out of increasing global need and demand for high quality multi-card mobile devices at lower costs,” said Olive Wu, card interconnection solution product manager, TE Consumer Devices. “This latest connector technology is a welcomed addition to our successful family of SIM products.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Ultra low profile with a height of only 1.24mm – the lowest in TE’s entire SIM connector product family, which serves an ideal solution for smaller and sleeker consumer devices
- Two options for positioning (6 position or 8 position) provide greater versatility in device sizing
- Card detect switch uniquely integrated on connector contacts to better secure circuit connection while not taking extra PCB space
- Enhanced micro SIM anti wrong insertion feature prevents incorrect card insertion, which protects the connector from improper operation
“TE is dedicated to providing our customers at all levels of the supply chain with durable, high-quality SIM connector technologies tailored to meet specific design needs and manufactured with scalable, cost-efficient and quality-ensured processes,” said Wu.
The push-pull micro SIM connector is designed primarily for mobile phones with removable back-shells.
- Ultra low profile
- Two options for positioning
- Card detect switch
- Enhanced micro SIM anti-wrong-insertion feature
- Ultraportable Device
- Personal GPS
TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.