Introducing: 2D Crimp Technology
Our new 2D crimp technology, compared to existing crimp technologies significantly reduces the complexity of design-in, assembly, procurement and inventory management in appliances, industrial equipment and automotive applications. The innovation behind TE’s 2D crimp technology is its ability to use one terminal and a single, adjustable applicator for many different wire sizes – while still providing electrical and mechanical reliability comparable to TE’s conventional F crimp technology. In comparison, an F-crimp requires three or four terminals, with each terminal requiring its own applicator, to address that same range of wire sizes.
- Crimp accommodates wide range of wire sizes
- Only one applicator for a 2D crimp terminal and a wide range of wire sizes
- Only crimp height must be adjusted for different wire sizes
- Permits the use of only one terminal instead of three or four to cover the various wire sizes, reducing the complexity of design in, procurement and inventory management when multiple wire sizes are used
- Lower investment in application tooling and less set up time when multiple wire sizes are used
- Applicator can be quickly adjusted when wire sizes are changed, increasing throughput and decreasing downtime
Our 2D crimp technology can reduce applicator cost and set-up time.
- Melissa Stanley,
- Product Management
Applicator and Conversion Kit
- One TE OCEAN applicator can apply a terminal based on 2D crimp technology to range of wire sizes. For customers who already have TE applicators for the F crimp, TE offers conversion kits. Each kit will consist of wire crimpers, insulation crimper and anvil. The kit will enable an existing TE applicator to be used with 2D crimp terminals and a wide range of wire sizes.