Heat shrink tubing provides electrical insulation, mechanical protection, environmental sealing, and strain relief . Available in single wall tubing and dual wall tubing, our Heat shrink tubing is engineered for use in numerous applications, including back-end connector sealing, breakouts, and connector-to-cable transitions. It is a solid alternative to taping, molding, or potting. When heated, our RAYCHEM heat sleeves conforms to the size and shape of the substrate beneath, enabling quick and easy installation. Its high expansion ratio makes it possible to repair most damaged cable jackets without removing connectors. Available in a wide range of materials, colors, and sizes, heat shrink tubing is delivered in forms such as spools, 1.2m lengths, and cut pieces. Clear types permit inspection of covered components and offer excellent transmittance of light.
Benefits of Raychem heat shrink tubing
- Chemical resistant
- UV resistant
- Flame retardant
- Lower applied cost
- Reduce operating time
- Strain relief for connectors and splices, providing more flexibility
- Protection against harsh environments such as abrasion, UV, and chemicals
- Sealing to keep out moisture, water, bacteria, mold, fuels, and more
- Insulation protects and minimizes heat transfer for solid thermal and electrical insulation
- Cosmetic improves organization of wires and overall assembly appearance
- Color differentiation to help identify wires for color coding
- Displacement of glass, tape or glue
Heat Shrink Tubing changes shape when installed. Correctly sized tubing will conform to the substrate over which it is applied shrinking in both diameter and length which can make it difficult to select the correct size. This guide explains the points to keep in mind about heat shrink tubing products.
Uses of heat shrinkable tubing
Insulate, protect, and identify
- Shielded splice protection
- Battery terminal identification and sealing
- Mechanical protection for hoses
- Insulation and strain relief for fine gauge wire and fiber optic cables
- Noise reduction for pipes
- Moisture, fungus and weather resistant for outdoor applications
- Thermal insulation of substrates, pipes, hoses and cables
- Color code wiring and circuitsInsulate and protect components and wiring
- Mechanical protection for lighting components
- Bundle wires together for protection and ease of assembly
Application tooling for heat shrink tubing
Heaters, ovens, and seal tests
Our equipment for heat shrink tubing seals and protects electrical splices, and provides mechanical protection for fluid management systems in harsh environments. Across a wide range of applications, we deliver optimal heating temperatures, performance and control features for greater efficiency and quality. Click to view our entire portfolio.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the maximum operating temperature of your application?
A: Our RW-200, RW-200-E, SRFR, and RT555 series tubing products have a rated operating temperature to 200°C.
Q: Do you need a flame retardant solution for your application?
A: Our Versafit, ES2000, ATUM and FL2500 series are excellent choices when looking for flame retardant properties.
Learn more about heat shrink tubing