Using Heat Shrink Tubing
Our Raychem heat shrink tubing provides electrical insulation, mechanical protection, environmental sealing, and strain relief for applications such as back-end connector sealing, breakouts, and connector-to-cable transitions. It is a solid alternative to taping, molding or potting. When heated, it conforms to the size and shape of the substrate beneath, enabling quick and easy installation. Its high expansion ratio makes it possible to repair most damaged cable jackets without removing connectors. Available in a wide range of materials, colors, and sizes, heat shrink tubing is delivered in forms such as spools, 1.2m lengths, and cut pieces. Clear types permit inspection of covered components and offer excellent transmittance of light.
Key Product Benefits
Raychem Heat Shrink Tubing
- Protection from harsh environments
- Chemical resistant
- Color differentiation
- Displacement of glass, tape or glue
- UV resistant
- Flame retardant
- Lower applied cost
- Reduce operating time
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the maximum operating temperature of your application?
A: Our RW-200, RW-200-E, SRFR, and RT555 series tubing products have a rated operating temperature to 200°C.
Q: Do you need a flame retardant solution for your application?
A: Our Versafit, ES2000, ATUM and FL2500 series are excellent choices when looking for flame retardant properties.
Flexible, Rigid, Elastomers, and Fluoropolymers
|Single Wall||Very Flexible||LSTT, VERSAFIT (V2, 3X, V4)|
|Single Wall||Flexible||BRST, DCPT, RP-4800, CGPE-105, RNF-100, TUGA, CGPT, RNF-3000|
|Single Wall||Semirigid||CRN, RT-3|
|Dual Wall||Semi-Flexible||ATUM, DWP-125, HTAT|
|Dual Wall||Flexible||CGAT, PTCM, TAT-125, DWTC, RPPM|
|Dual Wall||Semirigid||DSPL, ES2000, SCL, ES1000, FL2500, SCT, RBK, QSZH|
|Harnessing||Elastomers||DR-25, NTFR, RW-200, RW-200-E, SFR, SRFR, URHR|
|Harnessing||Fluoropolymers||RT555, RT-770, RT-780, RT-790|
Insulate, Protect, and Identify
- Shielded splice protection
- Battery terminal identification and sealing
- Mechanical protection for hoses
- Insulation and strain relief for fine gauge wire and fiber optic cables
- Noise reduction for pipes
- Moisture, fungus and weather resistant for outdoor applications
- Thermal insulation of substrates, pipes, hoses and cables
- Color code wiring and circuits
- Insulate and protect components and wiring
- Mechanical protection for lighting components
- Bundle wires together for protection and ease of assembly