Heavy Duty Connectors
Heavy Duty Connectors (HDC) are industrial connectors designed to transmit power, data and signal in the toughest of conditions. In environments with vibrations, risk of dust, temperature challenges and mechanical impact, our HDC connectors provide a reliable solution with solid aluminum or thermoplastic hoods and housings with protection degree from IP65 up to IP69k. Approved according to EN/IEC 61984 standard, our HDC connectors range from 10A to 650A, and are available with up to 288 contacts.
HEAVY DUTY CONNECTORS SYSTEM
Individual components built for the HDC System
- Cable Glands / Cable Entry
- Hoods & Housings
- Inserts (male/female)
- Contacts (male/female)
- Modular Frame
- Optional Accessories
We offer a vast portfolio of heavy duty rectangular power connectors as well as signal connectors to suit many application needs. In the indoor applications, try the lightweight and safe thermoplastic enclosures, saving space and installation effort. High performance inserts provide standard and high density contact configurations, with electrical performance ranging from 2.2A @ 32V up to 650A at 12kV. Reliable lose-piece screw machined contacts and cost efficient stamped & formed contacts on the reel are available for crimp, screw and cage clamp termination and offered in gold, silver, tin and palladium plated options. Space saving hybrid connectors make power, signal and data transmission possible in a single connection, and HMN modular system will make interface customization as easy as the use of building blocks can be.
- Multiple insert families with up to 216 pins (standard) and up to 288 pins (HDC Dynamic) in a connector.
- Space-saving HMN modular system – enabling various power, signal, and data combinations in a single connector.
- High-density solutions in HDC Dynamic with up to 48 pins in one modular insert.
- Easy assembly with FMLB (first mate, last break) grounding feature.
- Reduced total cost using stamped and formed contacts in HDC Dynamic modular system.
- Multiple hood and housing combinations in 11 sizes up to IP 69KRail compliant inserts per EN45545-2 are available.
- Lightweight and compact thermoplastic connectors are available.
- TIC-LOQ™ new self-locking technology design allows easy installation.
HPC 200A CONNECTOR
TE Connectivity (TE)’s HPC Series focuses on Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) to provide the high safety and reliability solution with one pole 200A/1500V high current connector. Bringing the one-piece molding contact, HPC 200A Connector provides excellent temperature rise control capability. Meanwhile,HPC 200A Connector installs with high performance temperature sensor (optional) to enable 24Hrs system safety monitor.The smart locking system with 180° in-line design, provides 360° rotation, 12 angles of locking with each 30° degrees, quick lockand press to release function to enable convenient and fast assembly of large volume connectors on site.
- One-piece contact ensures excellent temperature rise control
- 360° rotation enables flexible cable assembly
- 80° in-line locking and Smart locking system enable simple field unlocking
- Integrate sensor secures intelligent safety monitoring
- Finger proof prevents error finger touch for safety operation in the field
- Locking 12 angles, flexible direction selection, and fixed matching to prevent rotation
- IP67 standard is designed for outdoor safety and dependability
- To avoid incorrect plugging, two colors and visualization are applied
HDC FLOATING CHARGE CONNECTOR FOR AGV CHARGE
TE Connectivity (TE) Heavy Duty Connectors (HDC) now offer the HDC Floating Charge Connector for the Warehouse Automation application. This charging connectors innovative technology has excellent capability with up to 30,000 mating cycles to provide a highly reliable solution. Its clever floating system helps enable Autonomously Guided Vehicles(AGV) to automatically correct mating positions. Additionally, its compact design with hybrid power and signal helps enable the miniaturization of vehicles. TE HDC floating charge connector focuses on providing your AGV/AutonomousMobile Robot (AMR) with a higher efficiency, more reliable, and size-reduced solution.
- Hybrid design: Power- 80A/250V *2pins, Signal- 10A /60V *4pins
- Mating cycles: ≥30,000 cycles
- Floating design with 0.5 mm tolerance
- Finger protection
TE Connectivity’s Heavy Duty Connectors offer the Floating Charging Connector for Warehouse Automation applications. Bringing innovative technology, this charging connector has excellent capability with up to 30,000 time mating cycles to provide a high-reliability solution. A clever floating system enables AGV to automatically correct mating positions. Meanwhile, compact design with hybrid power and signal enables the miniaturization of vehicles.
BESS STACKED HYBRID CONNECTOR
TE Connectivity, a global leader in connectivity and sensing, introduces the new product of Heavy Duty Connectors, the HDC BPSC Stacked Hybrid Connector for BESS Battery Energy Storage application. With its smart hybrid design, it provides a safer, more reliable and more flexible residential BESS power & signal stacked connectivity connection.The new generation of BPSC hybrid stacked connector uses materials with excellent electrical conductivity and composite terminal technology. It provides outstanding terminal conductive efficiency and excellent lower temperature rise control. This supports the safety and reliability of the system’s life cycle.
- Hybrid design• Power: 70A/ 1000V *4 pins
- Power: 20A/ 400V *2 pins• Signal: 5A/ 25V *12 pins
- Mating cycle: up to 500 cycles
- Floating design: ± 2.4 mm floating
- Contact insertion overlap ≥ 5 mm
- Screw with 120 hrs salt spray resistance (RP & RA =level 10 _ highest level)
- Hybrid design to integrate more pins of power & signal
- Higher safety: Uses excellent conductivity contact to provide low
Data Center White Paper
As data traffic rockets, new architecture and connection solutions are needed. Download latest white paper, learn how TE HDC empowers data center operations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Heavy Duty Connector (HDC)?
An HDC connector is a rectangular, robust industrial connector designed to transmit power, data and signal in the harsh environment applications.
What are the appropriate applications for Heavy Duty Connectors (HDC)?
Typical applications include robotics, automation, machinery, rail and power applications.
What products does the Heavy Duty Connector (HDC) portfolio consist of?
The HDC portfolio consists of:
- Hoods, housings and bases: available in different protection degrees IP65, IP67, IP68 and IP69k
- Contact systems: ranging from 5A to 650A in screw, crimp and cage clamp termination
- Inserts: available in up to 216 pins in one connector for crimp, screw termination or cage clamp
HDC Training Course
Take the product training for our Heavy Duty Connectors
- Construction Machine
- Elevator & Escalator
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Storage System
- Data Center
- Warehouse Automation
- Factory Automation
Better Robotics for Industrial Automation
Enabling more automation in factories begins with operating robots engineered for high precision and durability under extreme conditions and heavy use. Learn about our solutions for reliably connecting and protecting the flow of power and data in high-output robots used in manufacturing environments.