For the highest demands in the automotive industry
When developing MicroBridge connectors, ERNI took the requirements of its automotive sector customers into consideration and implemented them consistently. The connectors provide Koshiri security and optional electrical CPA (connector position assurance) for more secure and correct connections. Thanks to their high temperature resistance of up to 150 °C, they can be used in high-heat applications such as near LEDs in front headlights. The MicroBridge connectors are compliant to LV214 automotive standards.
- Compact cable connector system with 0.35mm2
- 2 to 20-pin (single-row) possible
- Vertical and right angle SMT connectors
- IDC female connectors with 90° and 180° cable outlet
- For discrete cable with 0.35mm2
- Double insulation displacement connector with integrated strain relief for high Slow Motion Bending performance
- Koshiri security
- Optional electrical CPAdouble-sided interlocking
- Mechanical and color coding possible
- Compliant to LV214 automotive standards
- Headlight systems
- Battery management systems
- Power electronics
- Inverters, DC/DC chargers and On-board charger
- LiDar, Radar and Camera applications
- Comfort heated surfaces and molded electronics
The main applications for ERNI MicroBridge connectors are in the automotive sector. The MicroBridge product family fulfills the high demands of the automotive industry for mating reliability and ruggedness. It is not only the high temperature that stands out on the MicroBridge but also the V0 UL94 Flammability rating.
With a pitch of 1.27 millimeters, the connectors have a compact design while also being robust. They can be used in small areas and are temperature-resistant up to 150 °C. They support more secure connections even in high-heat areas such as near LED headlights. The connectors easily handle the vibrations that occur in the vehicle, thanks to the locking mechanisms on both sides.
Thanks to possible mechanical and color coding for any no. of pins, incorrect plug connections can be virtually excluded. The ERNI industry exclusive patended Double IDC design with strain relief feature, brings an exceptional performance in the challenging Slow Motion Bending Test introduced for Automotive Standards. The strain relief integrated into the connectors protects against mechanical loads.
Crimping Solutions from Application Tooling
EPT-A1 Semi Auto IDC Machine
For Erni MicroBridge and MiniBridge Connectors
TE Application Tooling's new EPT-A1 semi auto insulation displacement contact (IDC) machine terminates wires to connectors without the need to strip the insulation from the wires. This new technology allows for quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness for large, medium, and even small production volumes in various automotive and industrial applications.